The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL 2018 - EC480 - Ceiling Lights

5 posters

Go down

Warwick XL 2018 - EC480 - Ceiling Lights  Empty Warwick XL 2018 - EC480 - Ceiling Lights

Post by gobsmacked Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:13 pm

Hello,

After introducing ourself the welcome section, here we go, the first question  smile!

We have noticed that the "Ceiling Lights Button" does now work. Nothing happens when it's operated.
I don't know if this is a known problem, maybe related to the "funny" wiring of the "touch" lamps in the ceiling?
Any idea?

Thanks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
gobsmacked
gobsmacked

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL 2018 - EC480 - Ceiling Lights  Empty Re: Warwick XL 2018 - EC480 - Ceiling Lights

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:15 pm

Mine is the same ,I was told it was for dimming the lights but I read in the manual it’s for something else ,but can not remember what😀

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

gobsmacked likes this post

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL 2018 - EC480 - Ceiling Lights  Empty Re: Warwick XL 2018 - EC480 - Ceiling Lights

Post by gobsmacked Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:24 pm

FreelanderUK wrote:Mine is the same ,I was told it was for dimming the lights but I read in the manual it’s for something else ,but can not remember what😀

Thanks  up!

Yes, I also have found contradictory info in different manual versions. Some say is for dimming some say switching on and off.
My theory is that the "touch" lamps in the ceiling should have the "dim" level set by this button and be "always" on but operated by the switch in the side and back doors

A
gobsmacked
gobsmacked

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:31 pm

Same on our Duo, we don't have dimming ceiling lights.

Don't believe anything you read in the AS manual hugegrins hugegrins Saying that, Sargent is not much better as they also refer to that button, maybe for a different make of van.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

gobsmacked likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:38 pm

press the button shown, try too operate the washroom lights. if they work then all main ceiling lights are " on". then you can leave that button alone and use the sliding door exposed toggle switch too turn on main living area ceiling lights on and off or use the rear off side main light switch to turn them off and on when using the bed arrangement last thing at night etc.
it sort of makes sense when you get used to it all, only just worked out how to switch off led awning outside light after you have slammed the sliding door shut....good luck.
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

FreelanderUK and gobsmacked like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gobsmacked Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:49 pm

babian wrote:...
it sort of makes sense when you get used to it all, only just worked out how to switch off led awning outside light after you have slammed the sliding door shut....good luck.

Thanks!

We will try that!
gobsmacked
gobsmacked

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:06 am

I have always believed that button does nothing.  That is certainly what the dealer told me and I, for once, believe him. smile!
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

FreelanderUK and gobsmacked like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by babian Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
again this might help?
two threads same general question about lights and Sargent control panel
babian
babian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by gobsmacked Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:49 am

babian wrote:again this might help?
two threads same general question about lights and Sargent control panel

Thanks,  saw the video on the other thread as well.
In our 2018 Warwick XL where the ceiling light is equipped with a touch-sensitive switch, the wiring is different. The top right switch in the EC480 does not cut the circuit of the ceiling lights. They stay on as long as either they are touch switched or as long the circuit is cut with the switches behind the side door or near the back door.

"This button here will do absolutely nothing" ... yes I agree with that and that is our case. It just sounds like wrong wiring.

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down