The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internal circular lights on Kingham

5 posters

Go down

Internal circular lights on Kingham Empty Internal circular lights on Kingham

Post by bobash Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Does anybody know how to remove the glass on the circular lights which are fitted in the ceiling. I need to replace the bulb.
bobash
bobash

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Internal circular lights on Kingham Empty Re: Internal circular lights on Kingham

Post by RogerThat Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:46 pm

Can you provide a photo?

It's likely those lights were used in other models too.
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Internal circular lights on Kingham Empty Re: Internal circular lights on Kingham

Post by Kemerton-bath Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:59 pm

Your Kingham is a similar age to our Kemerton. If your circular ceiling lights are the same as ours, as shown in the link below, you’ll find that the white dome will prise off fairly easily at the junction with the chrome or gold coloured bezel. A strong fingernail should do it, or alternatively a thin blade with care. The dome is plastic and I found it wasn’t brittle. Our light fittings have a matrix of LEDs, but yours may have a halogen or a fluorescent lamp.

Tim

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by bobash Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Still not able to remove dome. On the same subject what causes the dome to yellow . 3 light fittings but only one gone yellow, others still white?
bobash
bobash

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 pm

Try squeezing the sides of the dome to deform it very slightly and it ought to pop out. I did this yesterday to one of ours and reminded myself that there are 3 lugs around the dome circumference that clip into the bezel.  Once one of the lugs has disengaged the other two should follow.

Two of our three dome diffusers have gone yellow and I can only think it may be caused by high ambient temperatures sometimes experienced in summer.  We rarely use the ceiling lights and in any case they are LED so generate virtually no heat themselves.  

I've ordered replacement domes from an accessory outlet. You may have seen my thread about Lumo, who make these light fittings, ceasing to trade.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:18 pm

Yes, what Tim said.

Maybe he could tell you the position of one of the lugs relative to the on-off switch, so you can press inwards at that point and release it.

As he says, once one has been sprung loose, the others will follow.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:17 pm

Good point Gromit. There’s a lug diametrically opposite the switch, with the other two at the 120-deg positions around the circumference.

Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bobash Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Thank you everyone. Once I knew where to press initially it was easy to take the dome out
bobash
bobash

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hat004 Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:29 pm

Apparently it may be possible to return the plastic globe back to white by making up a solution of equal parts of bleach and water. Then let the yellowed  side soak in the solution for a while. Then wash the globe in hot soapy water. I have seen this method on the internet somewhere but I can't find the link at the moment. I you search how to clean yellowed plastic it may come up.
hat004

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down