The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awning for peugeot fairford Auto sleeper

4 posters

Go down

Awning for peugeot fairford Auto sleeper  Empty Awning for peugeot fairford Auto sleeper

Post by ClarkeM Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:18 am

Hi all any advice on the best one to get 👍
ClarkeM
ClarkeM

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Awning for peugeot fairford Auto sleeper  Empty Re: Awning for peugeot fairford Auto sleeper

Post by Dbvwt Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Unfortunately that’s a bit too much of a general question.

To get the ball rolling what sort of budget are we looking at and a description of what you plan to use the awning for may help narrow down the choices.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Awning for peugeot fairford Auto sleeper  Empty Re: Awning for peugeot fairford Auto sleeper

Post by Dbvwt Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Duplicate post due to the ‘maintenance issue’
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ClarkeM Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:42 pm

Thanks, we had been looking at air awning with maybe a extra bedroom space and certainly a living area for cooking etc. We don't  really want to spend much more than £600.
ClarkeM
ClarkeM

Male

Back to top Go down

Awning for peugeot fairford Auto sleeper  Empty Awning

Post by johndean Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:49 pm

We use a Kango driveaway bedrooms and living space very good but find pumping up air beam a little hard going a specially for wife great when it’s up.
Johndean
johndean
johndean

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:15 am

When looking recently for a cheap awning for my Symbol a couple of other points came up in my investigations.

1- The height of the canopy on the side of my van (that I assume you will connect to) seemed to fall somewhere between the ‘low’ awnings designed fo fit VW type vans and ‘tall’ which fit the higher rail on coachbuilds which limited the choices available.
2- On our PVC’s we have a sliding door which I found would have been too wide/fouled many awnings with the door open.
3- Have a think about the type of groundsheet you want. Sewn in, removable, separate?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

ClarkeM likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ClarkeM Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:14 am

Bought ourselves a Movelite T4. The attachments for the indoor bedroom are a bit amerterish and look like a bit of an afterthought apart from that its OK.
ClarkeM
ClarkeM

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Brackjo Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:58 pm

We have a Kampa 330 driveaway. Love it.
Got this as it will accommodate the door full open within the tunnel. Fits using kader/ figure 8 or throw over (preferred).

Drove away every day for a week whilst staying at Burford and the start of that week was when it belted it down for days.
Everything was good. If you purchase get the storm lashings

I got it for a steal on ebay and used only once, however this youtube link talks about it to save me writing the narrative for you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Regards
Brackjo
Brackjo
Brackjo

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford Plus
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down