The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History of 1991 Trooper

2 posters

Go down

History of 1991 Trooper Empty History of 1991 Trooper

Post by Scooters dog Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Evening Everyone,

I posted this in the classic section earlier but maybe I posted in the wrong area, so wondered if any one can help with information.

I have just got one of these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (bloomin brilliant) and I am looking to put some further history around my Trooper, it is totally original and I have been led to believe that it is not only one of the first VW T4's but also one of the first Troopers based on the model in September 1991.

I have spoken to the factory and been told that due to the fire all records were destroyed and they couldn't tell me anything. The serial number in the Glove Box is V208,  can anybody shed any further light and how to decode the AS Chassis number too.

Thanks

Chris
Scooters dog
Scooters dog

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down

History of 1991 Trooper Empty Re: History of 1991 Trooper

Post by Roopert Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:21 pm

Chris - by A/S Chassis number, do you mean the build number (i.e. V208)?

If so I know that there have been threads here about it, and IIRC (without doing a forum search) it's just a year code followed by a (roughly) sequential number. I don't think there's any more to it than that.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down