The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decals

+12
Kdc
chalkywhite
Mel C
Paulmold
Slaphead
groundhog
IanH
rgermain
kaspian
Kingham
Milvus
Corgi
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Decals - Page 2 Empty Re: Decals

Post by Milvus Fri May 08, 2020 8:52 am

Kaspian, the 303 caught my eye when I was initially trawling for a solution. A marine product may well work.  Let us know how you get on, when you get some. In the meantime I managed to get some Autoglym bumper and trim gel, as suggested by Mel C. The results are actually very good. Although our decals were not that bad to begin with.

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Decals - Page 2 Empty RE: Decals

Post by chalkywhite Sat May 16, 2020 10:04 pm

I have just removed most of my decals on my 2017 Warwick XL. Took a small one off first to check for paint fade. Came off no problem and no glue left behind.
chalkywhite
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat May 16, 2020 10:19 pm

chalkywhite wrote:I have just removed most of my decals on my 2017 Warwick XL. Took a small one off first to check for paint fade. Came off no problem and no glue left behind.
Is that the one recently on FB?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Sun May 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Like many I have been trying to spruce up my decals.They are only 18months old so are probably not as bad as some have reported but definitely dulling.Tried various methods but no real improvement.Tried a different approach today having read on internet searching that a company mentioned cleaning with very mild abrasive to buff the surface. Sounded a possibility so done a trial area with a sponge eraser.There was a very noticeable difference so took the plunge and done them all. Very happy with the result and van looks much better for it. Have no long term evidence of how long it remains improved but hoping that as it is not chemically produced or a coated surface it will last.🤞🤞🤞[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus Sun May 17, 2020 12:16 pm

What product did you use Kdc ?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Sun May 17, 2020 12:24 pm

Milvus wrote:What product did you use Kdc ?
Those in the photo were from Lidal but Mrs kdc informs me they can be got from the likes of Wilko or Pound shops.
We have been using them for years to clean pvc covers on narrow boat so I don’t know what’s taken me so long to try them.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus Sun May 17, 2020 12:27 pm

Kdc wrote:
Milvus wrote:What product did you use Kdc ?
Those in the photo were from Lidal but Mrs kdc informs me they can be got from the likes of Wilko or Pound shops.
We have been using them for years to clean pvc covers on narrow boat so I don’t know what’s taken me so long to try them.

Sorry, I meant what product did you put on the sponges to clean the decals ? E.g. Autoglym ?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Sun May 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Nothing........just use them with a little water and wipe off.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus Sun May 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Kdc wrote:Nothing........just use them with a little water and wipe off.

Ah ok. Thanks up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by palette Sun May 24, 2020 5:00 pm

I noticed my Warwick XL front decals looked a little tired, so, seems I was using a wonder wipe to clean my hands at the time I thought I'd give them a try. Worked a treat, I gave them a good clean with a new wipe then finished off with some 'Autoglym AG 163254 Bumper & Trim Gel'. They look like new, almost. Here's some links:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm guessing the wipes are stripping whatever coating was there to protect the decal in the first place, this must be what is effected by sunlight, so I would strongly advise replacing the finish with something.

Male

Member Age : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by IanD Fri May 29, 2020 8:01 pm

Hi.  Like another of our respondents, I have removed many of the decals from my 2015 Kingham and it looks a lot better to me. The ones on the bonnet and above the windscreen came off easily. The swirling shark fin one on the sides looked hideous.
I have kept the Autosleeper words above the windscreen and the back doors.
My thinking is to cover these two with black wrap to make the van more suitable for wilding - even in towns. I am of the opinion that in the present climate obvious camper vans or bright white motorhomes  are less than welcome .  There are enough Kingham and Autosleeper labels remaining to identify it as being what it is.
IanD
IanD
IanD

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Decals - Page 2 Empty Decal problems

Post by purdyhorse Sun May 31, 2020 6:15 pm

I have had similar problems with both my last 2 Autosleepers and resolved both satisfactorily as follows:
Firstly, the decals on my 2013 Wiltshire, after 3 years,faded badly and acquired black streaks that I could not budge. Solution was to take the vehicle to a local Malvern based decal supplier who did a perfect job of replacing the faulty decals, matching them exactly to the ones that weren't faulty. He charged me about £100. They were still perfect when I sold the vehicle last year.
Secondly, when my new 2019 Warwick XL was delivered it quickly, like in a week, developed decal streaks that were consistent with it having been washed with a heavy duty commercial wash product by the supplying dealer as part of the PDI. The dealer was adamant that they hadn't done so, so I took it to Autosleepers' excellent service department at Willersey where they applied a silicon spray . The streaks disappeared and a year later they haven't reappeared. Hope this helps.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Member Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Milvus Sun May 31, 2020 7:00 pm

purdyhorse wrote: I took it to Autosleepers' excellent service department at Willersey where they applied a silicon spray . The streaks disappeared and a year later they haven't reappeared. Hope this helps.

Do you know what Silicon spray they used, and was this applied to the graphics only ?

Male

Back to top Go down

Decals - Page 2 Empty Silicon spray

Post by purdyhorse Sun May 31, 2020 7:53 pm

Sorry - no, but I am sure that if you contact the Willersey service centre 01386 853511 they will be able to help. The spray was unbranded but was one used by Paul the technician in the workshop and he will be able to identify it for you.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sun May 31, 2020 7:58 pm

purdyhorse wrote:I have had similar problems with both my last 2 Autosleepers and resolved both satisfactorily as follows:
Firstly, the decals on my 2013 Wiltshire, after 3 years,faded badly and acquired black streaks that I could not budge. Solution was to take the vehicle to a local Malvern based decal supplier who did a perfect job of replacing the faulty decals, matching them exactly to the ones that weren't faulty. He charged me about £100. They were still perfect when I sold the vehicle last year.
Secondly, when my new 2019 Warwick XL was delivered it quickly, like in a week, developed decal streaks that were consistent with it having been washed with a heavy duty commercial wash product by the supplying dealer as part of the PDI. The dealer was adamant that they hadn't done so, so I took it to Autosleepers' excellent service department at Willersey where they applied a silicon spray . The streaks disappeared and a year later they haven't reappeared. Hope this helps.
   Interesting , I have tried 2 silicon sprays and while they worked for a few days 1st rain and they were back to streaks just as you say. Must  investigate A/s !
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Decals - Page 2 Empty Rain

Post by purdyhorse Sun May 31, 2020 8:08 pm

Interesting that your streaks appear after rain. When I collected the new Warwick from the dealer there were no streaks - they only appeared after a couple of days heavy rain at home.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by GP1069 Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:23 pm

When my 2019 WXL went into AS for a very long list of things to be done, one of witch was the decals, they tried a 10% polish in water and sent me on my way, needless to say it came back, the next time it went in for more things I asked them to replace ALL the graphics as promised by them if it didn't work the previous time, unfortunately they only replaced the side ones and I still have problems with the front, front top & side tops. But the ones they did replace are ok.

No mention of any fantastic silicone spray !

AS Warwick XL
MINI GP #1069
GP1069
GP1069
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2