The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decals

+3
CC
peugeotboxer
Flying High
7 posters

Go down

Decals Empty Decals

Post by Flying High Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:46 am

Ho folks,
How I do love this forum, now can anybody help me.
The front Decal on the roof of the van have started to peal due to the vast amount of snow we have had sliding down the front of the roof. Anyone know of a source of these? It it green with what looks like a white cross on the front with an Autosleeper badge below.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Mike courtesy
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex BB?
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Decals Empty Re: Decals

Post by peugeotboxer Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:50 am

Hi Mike

Decals have been discussed before.
If you do a search you should find something.

It seemed that the best route is to contact a 'graphics' company....there are plenty around and they will be able to 'manufacture' what you want. They will probably be able to fit for you.
A/S won't have any stock!

Did look at replacing mine as they have gone the same way as yours it seems, but after doing the research didn't get round to it.
One of the problems would be getting the old off and you will probably need a scaffold tower to reach across the bonnet.

On my Harmony, the band is actually made up of what appears to be six different stripes.

Good luck and if you do replace them, please post on here.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 pm

You will find it near impossible to get these Auto Sleeper decals now, we replaced some on our Trident a few years ago and Alan at Auto Sleeper parts desk only had limited qtys of the stripes then and we bought some of the dark green and gold striping as well as the white that goes on the over cab area you mention.

As PB says approach a graphics company to see if they can help, Stevomar had some made up to match his and you couldn't tell the difference there is a post discussing it if you search.... My experience of finding helpful graphics company's in Norfolk was very hit and miss unless its straight forward van writing so I'd contact a few and get a feel for the one that seems most helpful.

I've said it many times before, but someone is missing out on a big market for reproduction Auto Sleeper stripes and decals shrugg any graphic company's out there interested?? look here

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:34 pm

As I posted some time ago, I have the facility to make certain graphics, stripes however, will require cutting lengths of various colours & building
them up to the required design.

If anyone wants a particular design, send me a pic with colours & dims & i'll see what can be done.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying High Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:08 pm

modelman wrote:

As I posted some time ago, I have the facility to make certain graphics, stripes however, will require cutting lengths of various colours & building
them up to the required design.

If anyone wants a particular design, send me a pic with colours & dims & i'll see what can be done.

Hi there looks like you might have a job I will have to hang out the bedroom window to get a photograph of it though unless you know of someone with a Symbol in you neck of the woods

Flying High
Flying High

Male

Back to top Go down

Decals Empty Bit off course but

Post by shelldrake Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Been in Spain since 22 Dec and haven't seen any Symbols so can't be of help.
Come to think of it I haven't seen any Auto Sleepers bar for one quick glance as it drove past.
Where are you all??? None here at Marjal Costa Blanca.
shelldrake
shelldrake

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:31 pm

CruizingComet wrote:You will find it near impossible to get these Auto Sleeper decals now......

Depends on which decals folk are after. I bought a set of original 'Duetto' and the 'LS' decals from Alan at A/S last year. The pinstriping stuff is not so easy though plus the colours also changed over the years. However I certainly would not bother with pinstriping the rear door bottoms for obvious reasons!

CruizingComet wrote:As PB says approach a graphics company to see if they can help. I've said it many times before, but someone is missing out on a big market for reproduction Auto Sleeper stripes and decals shrugg any graphic company's out there interested?? look here

You are right about the BIB!

modelman wrote:

As I posted some time ago, I have the facility to make certain graphics, stripes however, will require cutting lengths of various colours & building them up to the required design.

MM......I bought my Duetto LE decals as both my doors need some slight spray work doing and of course the decals are on the doors. So the body guy told me for him to 'do the job' right would mean the decals going.....hence the reason I got some from A/S. I've not had the spraying done yet so the decals are still on the backing paper. If it's any help to you, you are more than welcome to loan them in order to make a copy.

Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying High Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi folks,
I have got in touch with a vinyl man who can do the green stripes and waiting for a price, as soon as I know I will post here.

Flying High
Flying High

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:27 am

Bulletguy, many thanks for the loan offer, BUT, if its the 'names' I already have designed them for all models, but if its for 'graphics, then I may be interested

thanks

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Flying High wrote:Hi folks,
I have got in touch with a vinyl man who can do the green stripes and waiting for a price, as soon as I know I will post here.

Are your green stripes vinyl? I'm pretty certain mine are painted on, with only the white, gold and red in vinyl.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying High Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:01 pm

-mojo- wrote:
Flying High wrote:Hi folks,

Are your green stripes vinyl? I'm pretty certain mine are painted on, with only the white, gold and red in vinyl.

Yes mine are vinyl but might have to buy a load.

Flying High
Flying High

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:14 pm

modelman wrote:

Bulletguy, many thanks for the loan offer, BUT, if its the 'names' I already have designed them for all models, but if its for 'graphics, then I may be interested

thanks

Yes it's the 'Duetto' and the 'LE' bits I have i''m afraid. Still...it's good to know someone out there reproducing these things! Planning to have my doors done this year once the weather improves so they will be on the van once done.

A/S told me their biggest problem is the striping or banding as the colours varied.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:50 am

If you look at the dozens of colours available for sign-vinyl on e-bay or your local sign-shop, there should be something near or very near to the

colours you want, then its very simple for them to cut into strips & overlay to form the 'banding' of your choice.

Ideally, it wants to be on a long roll, this is to allow it to be 'pulled' slightly to attain a straight run, BUT machine cut strips can be made to the vans

panel lengths, taped together & then 'run' along the van, the joins are arranged to be at the panel-gaps then cut accordingly. & the result should

look original.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying High Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:19 am

modelman wrote:

If you look at the dozens of colours available for sign-vinyl on e-bay or your local sign-shop, there should be something near or very near to the

colours you want, then its very simple for them to cut into strips & overlay to form the 'banding' of your choice.

Ideally, it wants to be on a long roll, this is to allow it to be 'pulled' slightly to attain a straight run, BUT machine cut strips can be made to the vans

panel lengths, taped together & then 'run' along the van, the joins are arranged to be at the panel-gaps then cut accordingly. & the result should

look original.

Thanks for that model Man.
I am still waiting to here from my Vinyl man, if I can get the Green then all the rest should fall into place.
My original question was is it possible to get the front decal in one piece and I think the answer is no.
later in the year I will put a tressel up and have a closer look, I might be able to remove the small stripes and leave the green behind.
I am a bit of a perfectionist re the van, only having it 3 months and so much to sort out even though I bought it from a "dealer"but they are 50 miles away and to be honest I have lost confidence in them. The latest being the speedo drive after a new clutch causing an oil leak, they missed out a vital washer on reassembly causing the drive and the holder to melt. You also know about the water on the gearbox thread.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to using Winnie courtesy as the year goes on.

Best regards Mike.
Flying High
Flying High

Male

Back to top Go down