The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

electric heating in new warwick duo

4 posters

Go down

electric heating in new warwick duo Empty electric heating in new warwick duo

Post by geoff brooke Fri May 18, 2012 7:30 pm

Ive read and re read the manuals...to get the blown air heating on electric actually blowing..how do i do it...the blower only comes on when i have the control showing electric and gas.
dont want to use gas e.g. on c.club sites but cant get heating on electricity alone'
ps the water heater is ok.
also the sink is vry slow to empt y(kitchen ) is this a design fault and is there a mod.
the fresh water tank is full but the indicator is showing just 2 leds...any comment.
ps the dealer is c..p...didnt even tell me that the vehicle is fitted with tracker.
never used an onboard gastank before...what connections / adapters do i need for france spain germany and north africa.thank god for this forum...i rang autosleepers for details of a tow bar for the warwick...after 5 hours got a reply which just referred to type approval...no help at all.
incar tec at york sorted... detachable towbar (german...westfalia or brink) fitted for $460 inc 13 pin socket / wiring...also i pod connecter for £26......great guy ... nigel...used this company a few times before with various cars...top class work...senmsible prices.
sorry its a long post...looking forward to first trip out >
ps coming back from dealers...derby to york mainly motorway computer showing 30 mpg at a steady 60 ish mph...is this ok ?
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo xl

Back to top Go down

electric heating in new warwick duo Empty Re: electric heating in new warwick duo

Post by Manno Sat May 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Hi Geoff. The electric heater only works when you are connected to 230V. It can only run on LPG when you are on the leisure battery. The left hand dial switched to the top (2 wavy lines but no gas flame) and the right hand dial to the top (60 degrees and 2 wavy horizontal lines) will provide adequate heating for summertime only. Turn the 1 to 5 dial to 5 for maximum heat. Note that it is not that powerful. We use winter mode all the time but keep it dialled down to 1 and 2. We have used 5 quids worth of gas in a year. It costs about 20 to fill the tank.
We got a 'Witter' tow ball, butterfly wing steps and a socket fully fitted for 350.
The MPG will steady around 33. Scroll through the menu for the overall average to be displayed.
The sink is slow to drain I'm afraid.
Hope this helps.
Manno
Manno

Back to top Go down

electric heating in new warwick duo Empty Re: electric heating in new warwick duo

Post by geoff brooke Sun May 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Manno wrote:Hi Geoff. The electric heater only works when you are connected to 230V. It can only run on LPG when you are on the leisure battery. The left hand dial switched to the top (2 wavy lines but no gas flame) and the right hand dial to the top (60 degrees and 2 wavy horizontal lines) will provide adequate heating for summertime only. Turn the 1 to 5 dial to 5 for maximum heat. Note that it is not that powerful. We use winter mode all the time but keep it dialled down to 1 and 2. We have used 5 quids worth of gas in a year. It costs about 20 to fill the tank.
We got a 'Witter' tow ball, butterfly wing steps and a socket fully fitted for 350.
The MPG will steady around 33. Scroll through the menu for the overall average to be displayed.
The sink is slow to drain I'm afraid.
Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for extremely helpful info...i guess its because we had the alde central heating in our touring caravan that was fantastic....everything else is not as effective ( or expensive)
Have gone for a detatch towball....my wife has a habit of knocking her legs on towballs !
once again many thanks
regards geoff
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo xl

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Sun May 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi Geoff,

For gas adaptors abroad try Gaslow (http://www.gaslow.co.uk/). If you cannot see what you need on the website, give them a call, they are very helpful. look here

If you use your heater in the colder weather I suggest you buy an external silver screen which fits over the windscreen and reduces the loss of heat through the single glazed screen. allthumbz

Our van has a silver screen and the Whale 2kw (gas/electric) heater and we have been quite comfortable whilst in the van during short breaks in Autumn and Winter.

Enjoy your van. camper

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Sun May 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Our Stratford apparently has a "special" setting which uses gas and electric at same time o allow you to warm up the van quickly.
Trouble is my OH won't show me how this special setting works (don't know why) snigger
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Sun May 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Hi Campievanner,

I have not heard of that before. We can run hot water on gas and electric at the same time which can be useful if someone has just used all the hot water and you want a shower. hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down