The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingham tamber door

4 posters

Go down

Kingham tamber door Empty Kingham tamber door

Post by Trevharvey1966 Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:03 am

Hi all, we bought a secondhand but 2019 kingham. The sliding door had been broken prior to purchase. The dealer fixed it using 2 bands of waterproof tape. However whilst driving 2 days ago the whole door fell out. I can get the dealer to fix it again but am concerned it will keep happening. Anyone experienced similar problems or have any thoughts?
Trevharvey1966
Trevharvey1966

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Kingham tamber door Empty Re: Kingham tamber door

Post by Dbvwt Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:47 am

Can you explain in a bit more detail where the actual damage is, or better still post a picture.
I’ve fitted a couple of tambour doors (not quite as large as yours) and they are relatively straightforward and hopefully repairable.
Personally I would be going straight back to the dealer and insisting on more than 2 bands of tape!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:36 am

I can’t help with the existing broken door, but once you get sorted, keep the bottom track clean of dust and if you own a dog, dog hair too.

My 2017 occasionally stuck as a result of dust and hair building up, so I have a strict cleaning regime now, including a light spray of silicone which keeps the door sliding smoothly.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:25 am

I would get the dealer to do it again. Let him wrestle with all the bits!!

Now that all the sections are held in the right position, remove the door and add two more strips, only this time use two inch wide canvas tape and something like Sikaflex as an adhesive.

Self adhesive tape is rarely successful, specially when it gets warm. If you reinforce the dealer's job with very strong tape and glue it on with Sika, it will last forever.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down