The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick xl owners - lights issue

3 posters

Go down

Warwick xl owners - lights issue Empty Warwick xl owners - lights issue

Post by kaspian Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:19 pm

Just taken ownership of a 2017 Warwick xl and having issues with lights. It is the touch sensitive main ones on the roof. I know there are kill switches at rear and in doorway of van but the only way they work is when the awning light is lit by pressing the button on the control panel above door for awning light. This then energises the cct and allows light to work normally and they can be switched off from the rear or from inside the sliding side door. Funnily there is a receipt in the paperwork pack  from Marquis dated last year saying they corrected the interior light issue !!!!  Rather smarmy dealer pressed every combination of switches for 2 or 3 mins at handover until they finally  worked and declared everything OK  but only after dark I realized that the only way they work is when the awning light is on !   Can any owner relay how their interior lights work before I produce the hammer or better still the candles  hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Warwick xl owners - lights issue Empty Re: Warwick xl owners - lights issue

Post by SallyB Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:40 am

I use your smarmy dealers approach when using mine. I am sure there is a logic to it but I have yet to find it. I think a degree in chaos theory may help.
Before collecting mine I asked the dealer to activate the step and awning light to operate when using the  van remote to unlock when approaching at night. He tried but the controller-although registering it had made the changes- did nothing.
I cannot turn the entrance ceiling light on without entering the van first seems a bit stupid to me.
If the lights were not touch lights I think all would work well. My feeling is they are using a loom set up for switched lights and have installed the touch units to increase flexibility without fully thinking it through.
Good luck if you decide to crack the code Kaspian for me I have taken the decision that life is to short and use a torch.
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:48 am

It seems the wife has worked this out. I will report back in due course.  chinwag
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:48 pm

Spent a bit of time with a tone generator and multimeter today  and seem to have sussed the switches.  The switches at rear door and sliding door allow you to leave lights on when leaving van and switch them off in that state. On returning to van the same switches allow all preset lights to be switched on with one press of a button. Unfortunately since loom was made A/s fitted touch sensitive lights which have no physical switch and makes a mockery of the previous arrangement as they need to be touched to activate.
      Called A/s today and spoke to Alan Curry who pulled up data on our van . It has apparently had no recall or warranty work done ! Is this an A/s first?  We came to the same conclusion that the wiring is reversed somewhere on the central ceiling  light  supply side where the feed to the lights is fed from the output side of the switch supplying the awning light. He informed me that  the wiring looms come pre-made from Sargent and not individually wired on the board but made off in multiplugs. The only possible answer is that a multiplug has been incorrectly loaded with wires on assembly at sargent. I have the number to call Sargent monday morning as I really need wiring colour codes on the actual board of the EC500 to progress...never a dull moment owning an A/s van.... hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyB Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:21 pm

On mine I found the split switch on the entry wall is for awning light and the entry passage. I swopped this for a non touch switch light fitting so that now makes sense and I dont have to be inside to turn it on smile! . The control panel also has a seperate switch for awning. 
The main lighting power circuit is two way switched, entry door and rear door as you say. Ours is not dependant on the awning light being on. I am wondering if the error on yours has been made at the sliding door switches. If the live were picked off the awning light switch this could be your back feed. 
FYI the touch lights are made by Luma Lights. They are no longer listed they are  well made and suprisingly heavy. I may well replace the other touch lights in time.
SallyB
SallyB
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:03 pm

Just to put a different edge to the light problems you’re having. A new owner of a motorhome with touch operated lights complained the lights didn’t work. The salesman said some people have poor contact in there finger ends. After a lot of faffing about the salesman found the main switch for the lights was turned off. hugegrins
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:41 am

Sounds like you have found a decent work around SallyB,  thank you for getting back to me, much appreciated    !  Just shows how a probably cosmetic change in van spec. ie touch lights  can make a mockery of the working of a vans systems. Central ceiling lights seem to have their own switch on the control panel but this does not power anything in the van .
       I would not be bothered so much but  as I was using the central lights just  to inspect/ check over the van having just bought it ( they are very bright !) I realised I was lighting up half of the small countryside CL via my awning light .  No doubt annoying the other guests.... On switching the awning light off we were plunged into darkness!   I could spend time tracing at the ec500 as there appears only to be a can bus connecting the over door panel 480?  to the ec500  but with so much I want to do I will defer until I have spoken to Sargent as apparently they can pull up the details of the loom specific to my build number. thanks again.

Last edited by kaspian on Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update info)
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down