The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

warwick duo dampness issue

5 posters

Go down

warwick duo dampness issue  Empty warwick duo dampness issue

Post by kenf Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:09 am

I wonder if anyone has had a similar issue . I have owned warwick duo from new in 2013 . about 6 months ago noticed grey/black marks above toilet pan plastic where plastic joins wet walls. i also spotted that the silicone seal between the plastic and the wet wall was virtually non existent. i had thought nothing of this before. the marks have travelled about an inch up the walls and i have re- sealed with silicon to stop this getting worse .
i am still within warranty and dampness is covered , however the dealership will not carry out the work and autosleeper want the van back to their factory. the delaership also state that they think dampness may be caused by shutting the sink to quickly.

I have no doubts myself that the walls are damaged because the seal was very poor. Has anyone else come accross this and is the sink being closed a problem . I was under the impression that the sink unit was sealed and water could not escape from this . if the damage is partially as a result of the sink closure allowing water to escape somewhere , is my warranty for dampness still good .

Any thoughts would be welcome .
kenf
kenf

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

warwick duo dampness issue  Empty Re: warwick duo dampness issue

Post by Tengah74 Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:04 pm

We have a Sussex Duo . We found that the sealant around the toilet too wall does degrade after a while, and requires regular resealing. This we do ourselves. As for the sink unit, certainly has to be closed gently, as water can leak from the drain reservoir across the floor at the entrance too the van . Marquis did explain this too us when we bought the van. Only leaked once, but close GENTLY !
Tengah74

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Post by kenf Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:36 pm

thanks for the advice - i sincerely hope that autosleepers will deal with the issue under warranty - fingers crossed !.
kenf
kenf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by carlc Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:15 pm

Yes just resealed same area on our Warwick. Be careful when closing the sink
carlc
carlc

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:26 am

kenf wrote:I have owned warwick duo from new in 2013. about 6 months ago noticed grey/black marks above toilet pan plastic where plastic joins wet walls. i also spotted that the silicone seal between the plastic and the wet wall was virtually non existent. i had thought nothing of this before. the marks have travelled about an inch up the walls and i have re- sealed with silicon to stop this getting worse .

i am still within warranty and dampness is covered , however the dealership will not carry out the work and autosleeper want the van back to their factory. the delaership also state that they think dampness may be caused by shutting the sink to quickly.

Blimey.......three years old?!!!  rolleyes

Don't hesitate......take it back to AutoSleeper. It's under warranty and is 'not fit for purpose'. And as for the dealership excuse....remind them you bought a £48k van and not a five quid Airfix model to look at!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:40 pm

Auto-sleeper warranty from new is a measly 2 years so you are on the cusp or maybe out of warranty if it is a 2013.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by kenf Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:41 am

it was just under 2 years when i reported the problem . I am told that the dampness warranty extends to at least 3 years . Now in touch with Autosleeper direct who so far have been very understanding - i have sent them photos of the problem. one suggestion they had is that if the marks are pink , it means that i have been overfilling flush tank . The marks are not pink - i still think its the seal - or lack of one ! 

Awaiting response - will keep you posted .
kenf
kenf

Male

Back to top Go down