The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waste tank outlet

+3
RogerThat
rgermain
Solaris
7 posters

Go down

Waste tank outlet  Empty Waste tank outlet

Post by Solaris Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:53 pm

The waste tap on my Kingham is fixed to the sill with a spring clip. To empty it has to be released, laid on the ground then refined. All a bit of a fiddle. Has anyone tried to improve this arrangement? I’ve seen a nice solution on an IH but have yet to track the supplier
Solaris
Solaris

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Waste tank outlet  Empty Re: Waste tank outlet

Post by rgermain Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:58 pm

There has been very recent posts on here, one was a very nice electric valve and others have used rigid pipes.

Mine had been ok up to recently, but the flexy pipe has now split, was wondering why to waste tank was always empty.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:21 pm

I've noticed the tap is mounted higher than the lowest part of the tank too, so we can't even open the tap with the pipe in situ, as Solaris says it needs to be lowered to ground level.

Also curious about possible DIY mods for this one up!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway

Back to top Go down

Post by treetops Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 pm

hi have fitted a rigid pipe to mine , far better, but if you want another flexy pipe you can have mine for the cost of the postage as it is redundant now 
  treetops
treetops
treetops

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Treetops, I’m interested in your pipe as a spare as I’ve chopped mine up for my upgrade. PM me a price if you don’t mind. David.

Solaris, I’m in the process of fitting an electric valve (final fitting tomorrow) as I also found the spring clip setup a right pain like you. 
A slide valve with possibly a remote handle would have probably been my choice if I was going down the manual route.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:45 pm

Pro's and con's.  It is a bit of fiddle, but I like the fact if you're somewhere where you can't park directly over the drain you can pull this out and get a little extra reach for draining the tanks.

I'm also working on the electric valve, although lacking behind mine, will be doing over winter when the vans laid up.
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Solaris wrote:The waste tap on my Kingham is fixed to the sill with a spring clip. To empty it has to be released, laid on the ground then refined. All a bit of a fiddle. Has anyone tried to improve this arrangement? I’ve seen a nice solution on an IH but have yet to track the supplier
I'm surprised to be reading that.....or maybe i shouldn't be? That's the identical method used on the old Duetto's from over 20+ years back! You are right about "a bit of a fiddle" which gets worse as you get older! What always frustrated me was having to feel around for the clip and then pray you had the flexi pipe at the right angle when fastening back in because the clip was angled slightly upward (at least on the Duetto).

I always thought it very poor and something which would have been improved on.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down