The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter

4 posters

Go down

Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter Empty Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:59 am

I purchased a new AS Bourton in May 2919 and I noticed that many of the functions relating to Mercedes Pro Connect via the MBUX system were not operable. The Mercedes Benz website goes to some length as a selling point advocating the functions available but these are aimed specifically at commercial customers but the website did go on to explain that a limited number of the functions were available to private customers and through liaison with the dealership they could be activated after signing an agreement. Some of these functions are available for the life of the vehicle, such as SOS Emergency button (which was active), however, the MBUX display has the words in red lettering ‘SOS NOT READY’. Other functions that should be available once the agreement (terms and conditions) are signed are Real Time Traffic Information (RTTI) and automatic updates relating to the vehicle to name just a couple. 
The dealership where I purchased the vehicle was none the wiser so I contacted AS who immediately put me in touch with Rygor who supply the chassis to them, and who were very helpful although they admitted this was all new to them. 
To cut a very long story short Mercedes, apparently, have realised that Mercedes Pro Connect cannot be activated for private customers as the sign up process involves business accounts, fleet managers etc and they have transferred the Sprinter over to MercedesMe which is aimed at private customers and has been active in their cars for a while. The transfer to MercedesMe only occurred last week (Tues, I believe) and I received texts and emails to say that an update of 21 MercedesMe services were being transferred to my vehicle imminently although it could take 48 hours or longer. I have a MercedesMe account (no cost) but I am still, after a week, waiting for the updates. 
Has anyone else any experience of this, success or otherwise?

Last edited by Voyager1 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Title amendment)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter Empty Re: Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter

Post by LDPD Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:11 am

A similar journey of discovery (or tale of woe?) and still waiting for my local Rygor dealer to update me on availability through Mercedes.me.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter Empty Re: Mercedes Pro Connect/MercedesMe New Sprinter

Post by LDPD Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:24 pm

LDPD wrote:A similar journey of discovery (or tale of woe?) and still waiting for my local Rygor dealer to update me on availability through Mercedes.me.
My local Rygor dealer has now said they can't authorise my mercedes.me account as the vehicle wasn't bought from them! Will tackle AS tomorrow.

Anyone have any success with getting this sorted?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:17 pm

I now have my system fully working with Mercedes Pro Connect. I contacted my nearest commercial Mercedes dealership which happened to be Roanza who are a company any with several depots in the north west of England. On explaining my problem to the service receptionist she said they have a guy who deals with ongoing Mercedes Pro Connect issues with fleet managers when their vehicles won’t connect/activate. This guy contacted me and set up an account via Mercedes Pro Connect (MPC) to show I was a private customer etc. I was then able to go onto the MPC website, change the password and activate the different functions. However, nothing on my MH was activated. I made an appointment and to cut a very long story short he checked the software on the MH and that relating to the vehicle telematics was out of date. He updated this and as soon as I had left I noticed the ‘SOS NOT READY’ on the display had disappeared meaning it was working and there was an icon showing the van and a bubble next to it showing that my location and van details were being updated to MPC. nothing else was updated such as live traffic for the sat nav and weather on the maps. I went onto the ‘system’ settings on the display and selected reset. The system shut down and restarted and it said the software was being updated and there the live traffic and weather were displayed. This was clearly a van chassis issue and not AS. Mercedes are responsible for faults with the vehicle. I cannot fault Roanza they were very good and other dealerships should have someone who deals with fleet issues. I hope this provides you with some encouragement that your MBUX systems can be sorted. If all this seems too complicated then please p m me and I will guide you through the process. It has taken me 3 months to sort out but I got there in the end.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Voyager1 wrote:I now have my system fully working with Mercedes Pro Connect. 
Well done! Thanks for sharing your success. I managed to get a Mercedes.me account set up but still not fully functional. I now feel confident returning to my local Rygor, commercial Mercedes dealer to request assistance in getting a private Pro Connect account sorted.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:53 pm

That’s good - it takes a little perseverance which we shouldn’t have to do. I think the Mercedes Pro Connect is more relevant to the Sprinter as it relates to commercial vehicles and I know we are private customers but you may need a Mercedes Commercial dealer to service/repair your vehicle. Mercedes Me relates to cars and their dealerships will not touch a Sprinter unless of course they deal with both but there aren’t that many.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Just signed up to Mercedes Pro, registered on line, phoned Mercedes dealer who verified my vehicle and all approved. Will update vehicle tomorrow.
All very easy and painless so far.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:25 pm

redcar56 wrote:Just signed up to Mercedes Pro, registered on line, phoned Mercedes dealer who verified my vehicle and all approved. Will update vehicle tomorrow.
And it doesn't work😂😂
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:30 pm

It can take a while for the system to update. I was advised to take the MH for a run for approx 30 mins. If nothing then, try a reset from the mbux display in the system settings. Then if nothing contact Mercedes dealer as some of the software may need updating. Incidentally, on the mbux display on the home screen what is showing when engine is running - do you have signal strength for your blue tooth phone connection, 3G/4G symbol to show your vehicle telemetry is connected and a symbol of the van with a ‘balloon’ next to it showing that your location is being tracked? If you have the words in red ‘SOS NOT READY’ in top left corner when engine is running then I think you will need a software update.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Voyager1 wrote:It can take a while for the system to update. I was advised to take the MH for a run for approx 30 mins. If nothing then, try a reset from the mbux display in the system settings. Then if nothing contact Mercedes dealer as some of the software may need updating. Incidentally, on the mbux display on the home screen what is showing when engine is running - do you have signal strength for your blue tooth phone connection, 3G/4G symbol to show your vehicle telemetry is connected and a symbol of the van with a ‘balloon’ next to it showing that your location is being tracked? If you have the words in red ‘SOS NOT READY’ in top left corner when engine is running then I think you will need a software update.
I have the 3/4g symbol and the Red SOS disappears, it appears the dealer verified my vehicle but not me so I cannot update and he's off till the 28th so I will contact him then
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:53 pm

I have a Mercedes. It has stop/start - I turn the ignition key off if I want the engine to stop, and on when I want it to start. It has traffic information - I look through the windscreen to see how much traffic there is in front. It similarly has the weather displayed on the screen - the windscreen.
It has symbols on the display - Radio 1, Radio 2, Radio 3, Radio 4, Classic FM. It does 53mpg and has 180,000 on the clock and has just passed the MOT with no advisories. I have no input from any Mercedes dealership except for their totally unbelievably fantastic spares availability. What other make of vehicle would get me seriously obscure parts not in stock in the UK two days after asking for it? The complete exhaust system was £180 but each silencer was too heaavy to lift with one hand. It's a 1992 190. I don't think I would want a new one, all that computer malarkey. I wouldn't spend three months trying to work out all that stuff you have been talking about. scratch head
. . . And I can play cassette tapes - I bet your shiny new one can't! snigger

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:59 am

?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:40 pm

redcar56 wrote:Just signed up to Mercedes Pro, registered on line, phoned Mercedes dealer who verified my vehicle and all approved. Will update vehicle tomorrow.
Having found Mercedes Me is not relevant for Sprinter based vehicles. Signing up to Pro Connect was very easy providing you give the ID number (given when signing up) to your nominated dealer he only then needs your email address and vehicle reg. The process I am told can take 48/72 hours.
allthumbz
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down