The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz bathroom question

3 posters

Go down

Topaz bathroom question Empty Topaz bathroom question

Post by Jetton Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:10 am

Hi everyone! sorry to bring this topic up, but we are getting our Topaz later today and I've been worrying about the procedure for emptying the toilet cassette! What I mean is, I understand there are places to empty it when you stay for a few days at a campsite - but if you are just doing a day trip (or 2-day trip) do you empty it (chemicals and all) at home into the WC? Sorry if this sounds dumb,, but it's all new to us scratch head
Jetton
Jetton

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz

Back to top Go down

Topaz bathroom question Empty Re: Topaz bathroom question

Post by Campievanner Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:49 am

Hi Jetton

If we are going away for the weekend we usually empty it at home as we may stop en route and it saves chemicals. Also it gives the chemical time to work and the movement of the vehicle also helps mix it up.

On a longer trip away we would probably empty it every 2-3 days mainly depending on whether the site has a look block or if we have been out all day. Usage mainly.
My OH does shake it up on a daily ? basis so has a good idea by weight if it is time to "do the deed"

Hope this helps

Janet

Good luck with the Topaz.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Topaz bathroom question Empty Re: Topaz bathroom question

Post by Dutto Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi there,

Not a dumb question at all - especially the first time! wave

Emptying a full cassette at home without splashing something on the carpet is NOT easy so I recommend that you ALWAYS empty it on the site before setting off home; and then empty whatever you manage to do on the way back.

With regard to when you are away for an extended period ours does about three days. (Couple of semi-incontinent geriatrics who use it during the night!) The only secret as to "when" is NEVER leave it too late otherwise you have a compartment to clean!!

Best regards,

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down