The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert to 3 from 2 berth Harmony.

2 posters

Go down

Convert to 3 from 2 berth Harmony. Empty Convert to 3 from 2 berth Harmony.

Post by Chris Mitchell Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 pm

I've just purchased a 2 berth Peugeot Autosleeper Harmony...would like to convert to a 3 berth for our 12 yr. old son. I'd like to add a bunk berth above the cabin, but just have the cupboard. Is this a relatively easy diy conversion?
Chris Mitchell
Chris Mitchell

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Convert to 3 from 2 berth Harmony. Empty Re: Convert to 3 from 2 berth Harmony.

Post by Roopert Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:50 am

Chris Mitchell wrote:I've just purchased a 2 berth Peugeot Autosleeper Harmony...would like to convert to a 3 berth for our 12 yr. old son. I'd like to add a bunk berth above the cabin, but just have the cupboard. Is this a relatively easy diy conversion?

I don't think there's an easy answer to that, because it depends on what your DIY capabilities are and how "professional" a job you want to make of it.

If for example you're confident about making up the removable bed panels and then padding and trimming them, and if re-working the headlining to cover the removed cupboard door frame cause you no issues then it probably would be easy.

But getting the materials to match the interior exactly won't be easy, so it depends on your level of ambition. For example I had to repair the headlining on a 1999 conversion, and the headlining material for that was no longer available ten years ago, so compromises would need to be made (or the whole headlining completely recovered). Similar compromises might be needed when considering removing the door frame or leaving it, and how to create the "rails" that the bed panels sit on.

In your position, I would be tempted to look at other easier options such as a cab bed. I can recall the question being asked at least once in the past, but I can't recall anyone ever saying that they had actually gone ahead and done it...
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Convert to 3 from 2 berth Harmony. Empty Re: Convert to 3 from 2 berth Harmony.

Post by Chris Mitchell Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:58 pm

Thanks Roopert...the "cross rails" sound good, but still might try removing theĀ  cupboard door & frame giving me more bed space!
Chris Mitchell
Chris Mitchell

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down