The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awning on a T5 Trident high top

2 posters

Go down

Awning on a T5 Trident high top Empty Awning on a T5 Trident high top

Post by wildrover Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi all

My old T4 autosleeper ( still miss her ) came with a fitted omnistor awning ( great 90’s beige brown stripes) which the legs fell apart when I opened them out :-)

Anyway I reluctantly moved on to a new T5 trident but it had no awning. If you have had an awning you can’t live without them . Just wondered has anyone fitted an awning to a T5 Trident? 

What is best Thule or Fiamma . What size ? And how easy can they be fitted... petrified of damaging my high top ? 

Any thoughts appreciated my wife is desperate for a new awning I’m worried about damage or spoiling the looks but I know I’m onto a looser 😩
wildrover
wildrover

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trdent
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Awning on a T5 Trident high top Empty Re: Awning on a T5 Trident high top

Post by repoort Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:28 pm

If looks are important, you may want to consider an awning that isn't permanently attached to the van. I use a Caravanstore, size 225. It slides along a "c" or "j" section awning rail, unzip the bag and unroll the awning, legs and arms unfold from the front section, and then use a tie - down kit for security. Not quite as strong as a Fiamma, perhaps, the main advantage is how convenient it is to store it indoors when not needed.
repoort
repoort
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : T5 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down