The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold Surface Mounted interior Light ET1701

4 posters

Go down

Gold Surface Mounted interior Light ET1701  Empty Gold Surface Mounted interior Light ET1701

Post by scovell001 Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:15 am

Hi, 

does anyone know where to get replacement interior light fittings for the Duetto besides direct from Autosleepers.

This is for the Halogen lights which sit above the driver & passenger seats.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
scovell001
scovell001

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto LE

Back to top Go down

Gold Surface Mounted interior Light ET1701  Empty Re: Gold Surface Mounted interior Light ET1701

Post by Paulmold Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:30 am

Is this the same from O'Leary's?

They don't have it gold but do have chrome as well

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Gold Surface Mounted interior Light ET1701  Empty Re: Gold Surface Mounted interior Light ET1701

Post by Roopert Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:11 am

Can I ask why you need to replace? The originals (as fitted by A/S) convert very well to LED, which means that they then don't get anywhere near as hot as they do with halogen bulbs, and you save a ~lot~ of battery power...
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by scovell001 Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:43 am

Its the actual circular/glass bit. A couple of them have broken plastic edges so they fall off. Another, its the actual plastic on the fitting that has broken

Just looking to replace that's all & get some halogen LED bulbs, any recommendations for those greatly received.
scovell001
scovell001

Male

Member Age : 49
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto LE

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm

From memory that type of fitting varies a bit in construction. On mine, the plastic cover and reflector could be discarded and an MR11-type LED replacement lamp fitted, and the outer ring held it in place perfectly - but it was around a decade ago so I may be remembering the exact bulb type wrong. In those days you could only get the blue-white cold white LED fittings, but you can easily get warm white now, which look much better to me.

The clear plastic cover should not be necessary, as LED fittings don't get anywhere near as hot as halogen bulbs. You may find that you can keep it, but I could not on mine, as the retaining ring would not fit back in place with it there.

Alternatively, you can probably retain the reflector and use a G4-type LED replacement, but you need to measure the depth quite carefully, as some are too long to fit in - and you may find that you need to shorten the pins a bit too, but that's easy enough.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Smithy Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:34 am

I refurbished mine, resprayed grey and removed the glass to replace with a LED bulb. I've since replaced the bulb with a soft glow led with a rounder less pointy shape which looks better.
Smithy
Smithy

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex-Harmony (now sold
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Smithy Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:39 am

These are the ones I ended up with. I had to slightly splay the legs to stop them falling out whilst driving but now work very well and look good without the glass cover (which similar to you wouldn't stay in place).

Smithy
Smithy

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex-Harmony (now sold
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down