The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL Table Storage

+3
Paramedic
Justus2
tiffy
7 posters

Go down

Warwick XL Table Storage Empty Warwick XL Table Storage

Post by tiffy Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi to all, first post on this forum.

Down-sizing from Hymer A Class, B524 to 2014 AS Warwick XL, taking deliver shortly from local dealer (Ireland, Co. Donegal), I am resident in N.I. adjacent to the border.
Started off many years ago with a S/H A-S Duetto, then a new Talisman before "defecting" to Hymer so returning to the fold.

There are a few items missing from the van which the dealer will obviously replace before delivery such as the leg for the small table and the large table, the supplier is not an Auto-Sleeper supplier as such so can't really offer specific detailed advice on this particular model of van.

I can see the small table stows in the wardrobe LH side with the leg (missing in my case) clipped beside.
Wondering where the larger, free standing table (also missing in my case) stows, I was thinking either behind the drivers seat or above the cab ?
Could someone be kind enough to supply the approx. dimensions of the large table so I can ensure the dealer replacement is acceptable ?

Also, I will be installing a new Avtex, 21 in. TV, what's the best bracket to use that is secure in transit with TV attached ?

Many thanks in anticipation.
tiffy
tiffy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL Table Storage Empty Re: Warwick XL Table Storage

Post by Justus2 Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The bigger table is 35.5 inches x 18 inches. It is stored above the cab. Our dealer fitted out TV bracket when we bought it. its only a cheap plastic affair, and it does the job but we remove the TV when on the road.
Justus2
Justus2

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:06 pm

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum.
asof_welcome2

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Welcome, Tiffy.

As J2 said, it stores above the cab. In our case, it’s stored in the loft at home which frees up valuable storage space over the cab. It’s not an easy job for some to hoist it into place over the cab.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:39 pm

Here's ours, not an XL, in the bathroom[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Made brackets myself, only gets used on the rare occasions the awning is out.
IMHO the very worst possible place for it is over the cab. Rattle guaranteed, uses valuable space which we use half for tools and things, other half is a wine rack for 7 bottles.
Realistically best left at home!
Here's my solution for a simpler and no space used table....unfortunately the picd police won't let me send more pics, see second reply
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Here's, hopefully, the other 2 table pics.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffy Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:57 pm

Many thanks for the replies and in particular to Justus2 for the pics & dimensions, very much appreciated.
Yes, quite a large bit of kit indeed, may have to go down the same road as Tinwheeler and leave at home, we had the over cab storage ear marked for bedding.

As the dealer will be supplying a replacement table, can likely settle for something a little smaller with less bulk and weight.
It's going to be a severe culture shock with storage and bedding from the 4 berth Hymer A class, still, got to be done sooner or later.

Any further opinions on the best TV bracket ?

Thanks also to IanH who posted while I was composing reply, yes, some very good ideas, all noted.
tiffy
tiffy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:24 pm

tiffy wrote:Many thanks for the replies and in particular to Justus2 for the pics & dimensions, very much appreciated.
Yes, quite a large bit of kit indeed, may have to go down the same road as Tinwheeler and leave at home, we had the over cab storage ear marked for bedding.

As the dealer will be supplying a replacement table, can likely settle for something a little smaller with less bulk and weight.
It's going to be a severe culture shock with storage and bedding from the 4 berth Hymer A class, still, got to be done sooner or later.

Thanks also to IanH who posted while I was composing reply, yes, some very good ideas, all noted.
Hi tiffy
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:15 am

Tiffy.....I have removed the larger table into the loft at home which i believe is common .I then use the cab space for all the bedding.I have got a shorter desmo leg and  a tripod base so that i can use the small table outside.Not suitable for entertaining but for two of us we find it ok.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:34 pm

tiffy wrote:Many thanks for the replies and in particular to Justus2 for the pics & dimensions, very much appreciated.

Hi Tiffy

For mounting the TV I used an Avtex SV6 Svenson, fitted under the cupboards, with a Vision Plus quick release bracket with a vesa pattern 75mm or 100mm. This allows me to put the television on and off quickly and easily; I take it off when driving and the bracket swings up. My television is an Avtex 21”.

It works very well for me but there will be other options.

Sally
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffy Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:38 pm

Many thanks to all for the further replies, much appreciated.

Have ordered this TV mounting bracket, not yet received:
Not from Amazon as such, cheaper suppliers found on e-bay, gets mostly good reviews regarding security in transit with TV attached which is my preferred option as safe transit storage for the detached TV would not then be an issue.
A few of the bracket reviews state that the TV although clamped to the bulk head can still rotate in transit which can be an issue, will have to wait and see.

I intend to mount the TV on the wardrobe wall where the antenna socket and 12v. power outlet is situated with suitable reinforcement inside the wardrobe to strengthen as the wall is very thin, again will have to wait and see.

I have an older Avtex TV which has given me very good service but I will be upgrading to the new Avtex 21in. combined terrestrial/satellite unit, since digital change over the old Avtex does not work in the Irish republic, RTE chose a different terrestrial broadcast standard to the UK, the new Avtex TV's can handle DVB-T and DVB-T2 broadcast standards so will resolve RTE terrestrial transmissions.
The integrated satellite tuner will be good as I do intend to carry a flat panel "dish" and tripod which I have used already all over the UK and Ireland.

Unfortunately, have not yet taken delivery of the van as N.I. currently has a 5 to 6 weeks waiting time for MOT testing, unlike mainland UK our testing facility is exclusively government run, not franchised to garages, there has been an unprecedented demand this year for testing which has completely swamped the system, no one seems quite sure why !
tiffy
tiffy

Male

Back to top Go down