The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto + Vango Kela II drive away awning

2 posters

Go down

Duetto + Vango Kela II drive away awning Empty Duetto + Vango Kela II drive away awning

Post by Twizel Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:31 pm

Any Duetto owners experienced this combo?  We bought it for our Berlingo as we could only fit a small mattress in the van so needed living space (yes, minimal camping!) Now we are all big and grown up with a Duetto and hate to waste the awning although it is a faff so if it will work we will keep it, if it doesn't I'm on the hunt for a new one! broomstick
Twizel
Twizel

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Duetto + Vango Kela II drive away awning Empty Re: Duetto + Vango Kela II drive away awning

Post by Tigerbadge Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:40 pm

Hi twizel, not sure on your heights.if you measure from your awning to floor height on van then check what the Kella will go to that will determine if it will fit.
You should be ok on width.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Duetto + Vango Kela II drive away awning Empty Re: Duetto + Vango Kela II drive away awning

Post by Twizel Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks Tigerbadge, guess we try it out next weekend in East Prawle!
Twizel
Twizel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:33 am

If you have the standard size it will fit vans from 2.05 - 2.35m H
Tall 2.30 - 2.95m H
So just check your awning height on van.
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Twizel Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Ok so, our Vango Kela II Low is too low  so_sad the Fiamma is 228cm high and 250cm wide, any thoughts?  I've been looking at the Sunncamp Swift porch awning thing but they only do a 220 or 260 width, 220 is way too small but will we be able to get away with the 260 width. Also the height range stated is 235 to 250, is 7cm going to make that much difference?  Any other options you can think of that are worth investigating without spending a fortune....money blown on the Duetto and I've trawled the internet to within an inch of my life:read:
Twizel
Twizel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigerbadge Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:41 am

Twizel wrote:Duetto + Vango Kela II drive away awning 8fb37710

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Ok so, our Vango Kela II Low is too low  so_sad the Fiamma is 228cm high and 250cm wide, any thoughts?  I've been looking at the Sunncamp Swift porch awning thing but they only do a 220 or 260 width, 220 is way too small but will we be able to get away with the 260 width. Also the height range stated is 235 to 250, is 7cm going to make that much difference?  Any other options you can think of that are worth investigating without spending a fortune....money blown on the Duetto and I've trawled the internet to within an inch of my life:read:

Twizel, you will probably need to use the 6-8mm kador strip so 260 width will be fine.
Also with the height I would also say good, you need a bit of slack when using wheel levellers. allthumbz  
This is a 260 on ours

Last edited by Tigerbadge on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Tigerbadge
Tigerbadge
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Twizel Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:06 am

Thanks Tigerbadge, that's what I thought!  Currently watching one on ebay that I've put an offer on so fingers crossed!
Twizel
Twizel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Twizel Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:56 pm

Update....we bought a Sunncamp Swift 260 deluxe.....and we love it! At around 7kg and with just one pole (got the older version without air beams) it’s so much easier to put up. Friends bought our Vango for their VW camper van and are also very pleased so happy days all round 
allthumbz
Twizel
Twizel

Female

Back to top Go down