The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vango Kela V tall awning with Nuevo

4 posters

Go down

Vango Kela V tall awning with Nuevo  Empty Vango Kela V tall awning with Nuevo

Post by chromachris Tue May 21, 2024 9:40 am

Having spent a very stressful 2 hours trying to get our  Vango Kela V Tall awning up connecting to the kadar rail on the wind out canopy on our 2011 Nuevo, I am wondering if anyone has come up with a better solution? The biggest problem we hit was when trying to wind the canopy back in with the awning connected, the canopy was dragged down by the weight of the awning and wouldn’t fit back into the housing. We had to physically lift each end up to get it in 🥵 Any help or advice much appreciated. Thanks
chromachris
chromachris

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES II
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Vango Kela V tall awning with Nuevo  Empty Re: Vango Kela V tall awning with Nuevo

Post by mcalid Wed May 29, 2024 11:27 pm

chromachris wrote:Having spent a very stressful 2 hours trying to get our  Vango Kela V Tall awning up connecting to the kadar rail on the wind out canopy on our 2011 Nuevo, I am wondering if anyone has come up with a better solution? The biggest problem we hit was when trying to wind the canopy back in with the awning connected, the canopy was dragged down by the weight of the awning and wouldn’t fit back into the housing. We had to physically lift each end up to get it in 🥵 Any help or advice much appreciated. Thanks
it should only take about twenty minutes to set up a Kela.I had one of these on our Nuevo and never had any particular issues.
Only extend the awning as little as possible to insert the Kadar, I used to stand on a step to do this as it reduces the strain on the awning. The awning doesn't need to be fully retracted into the housing, just pull it up tight and if you still have a problem then use the over-roof straps and don't use the awning rail at all.
Hope that this helps.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Vango Kela V tall awning with Nuevo  Empty Re: Vango Kela V tall awning with Nuevo

Post by Billy Ruffian Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:08 pm

We eventually came up with attaching to the kador on to the awning rail with all of the awning loose by the side of the van.        Then blow the tubes up and insert the tube that goes between the 2 main tubes.      Then pull the awning out until the corridor roof looks nice and taught - then peg out the base.

We are going to have a go this year with making a fitted groundsheet for the corridor.      Peg it to the ground first and then we’ll know where to peg out the base of the awning.

We also have a Movelite T4 and with that we strap it over the top of the van.      Surprised me but that works quite well.
 Vango Kela V tall awning with Nuevo  Img_7111
 Vango Kela V tall awning with Nuevo  Img_7112
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

LH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LH Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:41 pm

Can I ask when buying the awning is it the 'tall' one that is needed? Many thanks :)
LH
LH

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Ruffian Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:50 pm

Not sure how tal a ‘Devon’ is but for our Nuevo we have the ‘tall’ version.     The dealer should be able to tell you.    Atwools near Gloucester will measure your van.
Billy Ruffian
Billy Ruffian
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo 2 ES
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down