The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to replace a Symbol fresh water tank

2 posters

Go down

How to replace a Symbol fresh water tank  Empty How to replace a Symbol fresh water tank

Post by Wroxham29 Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:51 pm

Y reg Symbol 
After the winter drain down. I came to fill the water tank. Could hear  the pump running, when I opened the taps just air coming out, no water. Checked outside and there water coming from the top of the water tank. Don’t know if it’s a hose, gasket or replacement tank issue. 
Any ideas? T.I.A

Wroxham29

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

How to replace a Symbol fresh water tank  Empty Re: How to replace a Symbol fresh water tank

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi Tony
I think the tanks are vented ? To allow air / water escape, check your hot water dump tap is closed ,also make sure the fresh water cap,is re seated.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

How to replace a Symbol fresh water tank  Empty Re: How to replace a Symbol fresh water tank

Post by Wroxham29 Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Where’s the the hot water dump tap and the fresh water cap to reseat?

Wroxham29

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Wroxham29 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. Where’s the the hot water dump tap and the fresh water cap to reseat?
Hi Tony
Thought some other members with the same van would have answered this afternoon, however if you drained your van down for winter, it's the small tap near your water heater you would have been opened to let the water drain from your water heater, close it.
The external fresh water filler cap should form a seal when fitted ,thus not letting air into the fresh water tank ( some are vented)
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down