The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air bag ecu light

5 posters

Go down

Air bag ecu light Empty Air bag ecu light

Post by davidcs Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Hello,
I have had a diagnostic check on Peugeot boxer airbag ECU. The red light came on when the battery was low, the mechanic was 99% certain it was the ECU at fault. I noticed on the forum a member suggested that Crash Data could possibly repair this type of fault.
Has any member had this repair done successfully.
Is it a simple enough job to take the part off to send away without causing any more problems.
Many thanks David
davidcs
davidcs

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Air bag ecu light Empty Re: Air bag ecu light

Post by RogerThat Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:59 pm

On my car, the light was triggered by a dodgy yellow coloured connector under the drivers seat.

Worth disconnecting and re-connecting, just in case!
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:04 pm

I am in the process of having mine replaced with Fiat underwriting the cost as this is a known issue in Fiats and consequently I would suspect Peugeot use the same part. My van is 3 years old.

If you opt to go down the road of using crashdata, then ensure you follow the correct procedure for removal. I do not have the confidence or experience to tackle this, but if you google it or look on out and about live there is a thread running currently which is helpful.

Type dim dashboard lights or faulty Airbag ECU and I suspect you will get plenty of info.

Davy

After leaving this site, my next port of call was here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by TeamRienza on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:14 am

Faulty ECU is a pain in my back----  Peugeot dealer in StHelens passing the buck, not just the AirBag light but all the others.  One reason I will Never have another Peugeot
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Air bag ecu light Empty Airbag ecu light

Post by davidcs Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:44 am

Thank you to Roger, Team Riensza and Roli for your helpful replies to my request.

I tried the yellow connections under both seats, no change. So I decided to remove the ecu module. Disconnected the battery then the ecu termials which was easy enough to do. I have posted it off to Crash Data and will let you know the outcome.

Thank you Team Rienza for the pointing me towards the forum Out and about Live. The information was reassuring.

I quite agree with you Roli about Peugeot, we have had other issues with the van, and wonder sometimes if it has all been worth it.
 Thanks again,  David.
davidcs
davidcs

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:52 pm

roli wrote:Faulty ECU is a pain in my back----  Peugeot dealer in StHelens passing the buck, not just the AirBag light but all the others.  One reason I will Never have another Peugeot

Are you sure that your problem is not the instrument cluster, Roli? My panel is sitting in the house at present where it has been since I winterised the van in November because damp over winter causes the problem to recur. Two repairs by Cartronix already on my second Peugeot panel.

Last edited by inspiredron on Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : autocorrect!!)

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:40 am

No not the cluster Ron. Eventually found a decent dealer in Salford a few on here use. They sorted the last time and recorded the fault so next time it gets changed although warranty runs out in a couple of months understand it will be costly
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down