The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timing chain or belt

+10
roli
Spospe
redturner37
inspiredron
Campievanner
postman
rgermain
Rolyan
Paulmold
Sally
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Timing chain or belt - Page 2 Empty Re: Timing chain or belt

Post by rgermain Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:38 pm

roli wrote:If your vans are anything like ours its got FoMoCo labels stuck all over which proves where it came from

Same as mine, thought I was seeing things when I bought it, nice surprise as we have had Fords since my teens, sad I know, but never been let down. allthumbz
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:49 pm

Sally

The recommended oil from my 2014 Boxer Warwick Duo handbook is:

TOTAL Quartz Ineo ECS 5w30 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:12 pm

Good to hear that many people on here share the enthusiasm for changing the oil as I do. We took delivery of our van 3/3/12 and it will be having its 5th mot soon & 7th service. Seems to be only averaging 6k per year in this one, having done 42k now, about half the mileage we did in the previous van over the same time. 
Changing the oil is not a waste of money in a vehicle you care about and intend to keep. Lots of stamps in the book keeps me happy anyway.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:39 pm

Because the filter canister is vertical it helps to pre fill it with oil, not so much as it spills but it presoaks the filter and the oil feed primes faster.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrgeoffrey Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:59 pm

rgermain wrote:
IanH wrote:Oil is far and away the most important and easily changed thing under your bonnet.
For me, oil and filter change (and EXACTLY the correct oil) every MOT irrespective of mileage, same for petrol car.
Cost is irrelevant especially when compared with the alternative!
allthumbz

Yes Yes, even at 3000 miles in the van and not much more in the cars, it's oil change along with filter, makers ones not motor factors, plus recommended oil every year.
Gives me peace of mind for a few quid.
-----------
Richard

Yes I concur on regular oil changes, I ran a Ford Sierra a good few years ago which covered over 300k with no issues oil changed every 6k (reverse of the current situation the engine was a 2.3L Peugeot !).

're the "exact" oil it seems that can be a moving target, The wife's car (2013 diesel Yaris) recently had a dpf issue and following a "technical bulletin " from Toyota the recommended oil is no longer recommended !
Mrgeoffrey
Mrgeoffrey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Bernilynn Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:15 pm

I have revived this thread as I am well confused having read it and another elsewhere (didn't want to start a new one as this one covers my problem).

I have a 2015 Stanway on a 2.2 Peugeot Boxer. I have just checked the paperwork from when I purchased it and it states 2.2 150bhp engine. After reading the thread I assumed that that meant it was an Iveco engine and therefore had a timing belt. However I have just had a look under the bonnet and I have found a label that states it is a 2.2 PUMA engine, this is backed up by the FoMoCo label on the underside of the engine. 

So my query is if it's a 2.2 Puma engine can it be 150 bhp and does it have a belt or a chain?

Many thanks
Bernilynn
Bernilynn

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:17 pm

Power variations are frequently just modifications to the ecu mapping so it is possible that it has been tuned up. 

The Ford Duratorque (PUMA) has a chain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:04 pm

the 2.2 puma is a chain  as has been said this can be seen by looking at the black metal cover plate that is sealed  on to the block that you can see when looking at the alternator belt .as for the engine been  used in other vehicles that is correct but just the block and the cylinder head as other bolt on  parts like the turbo as an example are not the same . even fiat did use this engine for a short time. with the cost to get engines to meet new emissions is the reason the same engine has been used by more than one manufacture
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Bernilynn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:18 pm

Virtually 100% a chain.

My 1991 Renault Trafic had  Mitsubishi engine, my 2001 Volvo has a Renault engine!!!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:07 pm

The original Freelander Td4 was a BMW Engine, the MK 2 had Td4 and Sd4 engines and the only component difference was the badge on the back as the power uplift was software driven
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:08 pm

Bernilynn wrote:I have revived this thread as I am well confused having read it and another elsewhere (didn't want to start a new one as this one covers my problem).

I have a 2015 Stanway on a 2.2 Peugeot Boxer. I have just checked the paperwork from when I purchased it and it states 2.2 150bhp engine. After reading the thread I assumed that that meant it was an Iveco engine and therefore had a timing belt. However I have just had a look under the bonnet and I have found a label that states it is a 2.2 PUMA engine, this is backed up by the FoMoCo label on the underside of the engine. 

So my query is if it's a 2.2 Puma engine can it be 150 bhp and does it have a belt or a chain?

Many thanks

my last camper a peugeot with the 2.2 was 150 bhp but was 4.3 t  but the transit did not sale a 150  bhp  I think the max was 130 bhp. this is why I said the turbo are not the same fitted by ford as fitted by peugeot
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Bernilynn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2