The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damp Duetto 1998

3 posters

Go down

Damp Duetto 1998 Empty Damp Duetto 1998

Post by jenny c-t Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi everyone. Damp is back in cupboard under fridge and on floor in front of fridge.I have no winter vent covers so I think the rain is getting in through the vents,although only found a little water in fridge once.

Does this make sense? Looked for vent covers for electrolux fridge but all seem too big.Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Jenny up!
jenny c-t
jenny c-t

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : ford duetto
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Damp Duetto 1998 Empty Re: Damp Duetto 1998

Post by Bulletguy Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:34 am

Definitely not the vents as last winter i completely forgot to fit mine and the van was fine. The only way water would get through the vents is if forced, ie with a jet washer blasted at them which isn't a very clever idea!

Worth checking the supply pipe to your tap in case its coming from there. Also pull the fridge out as piping from the pump runs behind.

The covers you need are these; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know those will fit as i have the identical type except mine are beige colour. If you are still unsure, phone that guy as he's extremely helpful and has an extensive knowledge of accessories. He's the "go to" man for accessories....i've bought loads off him over the years as his prices are cheaper than my local mh accessory shops.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by jenny c-t Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:21 am

Thanks for your help. I know it's not the pump. No water in system but will check pipe to sink. Is it an easy job to pull out fridge?

Thanks for any other advice.
jenny c-t
jenny c-t

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : ford duetto
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:51 am

On most A/S conversions it should be very easy to confirm or refute a leak at the fridge vents.

All you should need to do is remove the lower vent grill outside (by design, just a quarter-turn fixing at one end, though on mine, a stainless steel self-tapping screw had been added for extra security) and then look inside with a torch at the floor which the fridge is above. If the floor at the front of the fridge is detectably damp, it follows that the floor at the back will be saturated, and this should be visibly obvious.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down