The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rattling front roof light on 2010 Sussex Duo.

3 posters

Go down

Rattling front roof light on 2010 Sussex Duo. Empty Rattling front roof light on 2010 Sussex Duo.

Post by Phil Hague Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:03 am

My van is fitted with aluminium slatted louvre type front roof light. It rattles and falls apart with the least touch, a poor design which autosleeper spares tell me they no longer use.
Has anyone replaced theirs, if so what will fit properly.?
I want to incorporate a blind and flyscreen in the replacement.
Thanks in anticipation.
Phil Hague
Phil Hague

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Rattling front roof light on 2010 Sussex Duo. Empty Re: Rattling front roof light on 2010 Sussex Duo.

Post by Paulmold Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:27 am

I've been responding to your FB question so sorry to repeat question here - what make of rooflight is this, I've never heard of or seen such a rooflight. Mine is actually the same age so I wonder if mine had been replaced.

Mine has a Mini Heki 40x40cm. Don't know if with or without fixed ventilation if that helps with choice of replacement.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73

Back to top Go down

Rattling front roof light on 2010 Sussex Duo. Empty Re: Rattling front roof light on 2010 Sussex Duo.

Post by Phil Hague Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:51 pm

Just been out to the van. The only thing I can see is on the plastic clear opening light, it says AUSSEHAUBE KOM.3204
The inner part consists of aluminium slats which open and close with a knob, and a winding handle to open the roof light. Not sure of the opening dimensions but measurements of the inner part are:
Internal 37mmx37mm external 46mmx46mm. Can't get to the actual roof opening without dismantling the thing. Thanks for your interest.
Phil Hague
Phil Hague

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Phil Hague wrote:My van is fitted with aluminium slatted louvre type front roof light. It rattles and falls apart with the least touch, a poor design which autosleeper spares tell me they no longer use.
Has anyone replaced theirs, if so what will fit properly.?
I want to incorporate a blind and flyscreen in the replacement.
Thanks in anticipation.
I have the same one. The rattling drove me mad when driving, until I tracked it down and realised that they don’t rattle if open (vertical).  I know it’s only temporary but it may help for now.

Sally
Sally
Sally

Female

Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hague Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:15 pm

Thanks Sally. I sussed that out, but it is so fragile I shall look to replacing it.
Phil Hague
Phil Hague

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Phil Hague wrote:Thanks Sally. I sussed that out, but it is so fragile I shall look to replacing it.
I must admit it is a very poor design, guaranteed to fall apart when accidentally hit by my pillow, which I manage to do on a regular basis!
Sally
Sally

Female

Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down