The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trident fridge problems

4 posters

Go down

trident fridge problems Empty trident fridge problems

Post by cenac Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:35 am

Hi folks,
im off to France on Tuesday next[29th September]and fridge is not working on 12v or mains.
Van has had several trips to dealer and Dometic,but it still doesn't work.
Question --can I travel with gas op. on.???
Regards Ken
cenac
cenac

Male

Member Age : 92
Auto-Sleeper Model : trident

Back to top Go down

trident fridge problems Empty Re: trident fridge problems

Post by Paulmold Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:47 am

You certainly shouldn't travel with gas on. Can only suggest running it at home the day before to get it cold and then don't open the door, switching back to gas whenever you stop. A fridge should hold temperature for a few hours if you can not open the door.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartfarst Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:39 am

When running on mains or 12V do the lights on the switches illuminate i.e. is power getting to the fridge?

Bartfarst
Bartfarst
Bartfarst

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1995 Boxer Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:16 am

Paulmold wrote:You certainly shouldn't travel with gas on. Can only suggest running it at home the day before to get it cold and then don't open the door, switching back to gas whenever you stop. A fridge should hold temperature for a few hours if you can not open the door.
Hi Ken

I agree with Paul, and in case this was part of your query, certainly not while on the ferry or in the Tunnel.

That would be courting disaster. Fire in either could easily result in multiple deaths - including yours!

You won't have a problem, specially if you fill the fridge to capacity, using plastic bottles of water if necessary. The fuller it is the longer it will take to thaw, and I wouldn't worry about leaving it with the gas off for 8 or 10 hours if the door is kept closed - or opened and closed as quickly as possible.

If you use Calor and are concerned about running out of gas, this Factsheet will be of interest.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would suggest the easiest solution is to get theĀ Propane POL to 21.8LH adapter before you go. It's only a few quid and you've lost very little if you don't need it . . . but if you do run out of gas you can't exchange Calor bottles in France. (I guess you would know this already, but just in case!!)

Hope this helps - have a great holiday.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down