The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It came off in my hand ! - Bathroom sink tap

2 posters

Go down

It came off in my hand ! - Bathroom sink tap Empty It came off in my hand ! - Bathroom sink tap

Post by Robbit M Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi there. Re my Symbol 1999 model. Just when I thought I had done all my maintenance work and could enjoy using our van....we have 2 problems. Here is the first. TPlease see the photos below. The hot tap in the sink within the loo / shower room began to turn without operating the flow of water and has now totally unscrewed and come off in my hand. Has anyone else had this problem? Cheers and as always appreciate any help

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Rob.

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

It came off in my hand ! - Bathroom sink tap Empty Re: It came off in my hand ! - Bathroom sink tap

Post by rogerblack Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Ours are the same design and come loose all the time.  Prise off the red or blue plastic part on top, under which you will find a cross head screw. This is what comes loose and lets the tap spin without turning the water on/off. Refit the tap, tighten the screw up and Robert should be your uncle.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

It came off in my hand ! - Bathroom sink tap Empty Re: It came off in my hand ! - Bathroom sink tap

Post by Robbit M Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:59 am

Thanks very much Roger. I will give that a try and let you know. Appreciate the support. Cheers, Rob

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Robbit M Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi there. Problem solved. The shank of the tap had become unscrewed from the base so refitted that and tightened washer. Then refitted top of tap and tightened as suggested by Roger. Fingers crossed will be OK now. Obviously these mechanisms are worn with age. Cheers. Rob

Rob Malyn
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Back to top Go down