The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Locking Problem on a 1997 Duetto

3 posters

Go down

Central Locking Problem on a 1997 Duetto Empty Central Locking Problem on a 1997 Duetto

Post by PASCAL Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Hello can anybody help please...My central locking will only work by the rear doors, if i try to lock it by either of the front doors it makes the noise continually open 'close,open,close etc and wont stop, i dont seem to be able to locate the problem, at the moment I am locking all doors manually as ive had to remove the fuse.  thank you Pascal
PASCAL
PASCAL

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : DUETTO
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Central Locking Problem on a 1997 Duetto Empty Re: Central Locking Problem on a 1997 Duetto

Post by Bulletguy Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:34 pm

I've had similar problem on mine though it was only intermittent and seems to have settled now. Whatever you do make sure you always have your keys with you as the last time mine did an 'auto close/lock' the damn keys were in the ignition and i had to get a auto locksmith guy out!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Central Locking Problem on a 1997 Duetto Empty Re: Central Locking Problem on a 1997 Duetto

Post by snow863 Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:33 pm

We used to have that with our Duetto.
On ours we think it was something to do with the sliding door contacts. I found if you cleaned the contacts and made sure the sliding door was properly shut it would lock fine. Occasionally if cleaning didnt work we had to give the rear edge of the sliding door a shove inwards while sliding it across from outside. The back edge of the door has to catch in aswell as the front for it to be properly shut.
snow863
snow863

Female

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by PASCAL Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 pm

Thank you I will try it
PASCAL
PASCAL

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : DUETTO
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down