The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erbesbacher fuse location on AS Trooper

4 posters

Go down

Erbesbacher fuse location on AS Trooper Empty Erbesbacher fuse location on AS Trooper

Post by DAFYDD Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:21 am

The Erb Airtronic habitation heater on my 2007 Trooper has ceased working. The control neon on the mini control unit does not light up when the button is pressed. The leisure battery is fully charged (13.5v) and the 20amp main in-line fuse which is next to the battery is okay. However, I cannot locate a 5amp control fuse which is mentioned in my handbook for checking. Is this near the heater unit or elsewhere. Secondly, where is the heater unit and how do I access it?
confused3
DAFYDD
DAFYDD

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Erbesbacher fuse location on AS Trooper Empty Re: Erbesbacher fuse location on AS Trooper

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 am

In the Topaz the positive feed comes directly from the hab battery.  The after about 20cm, the cable splits into a 20A fuse for the fan and pre-heater pin,    and a 5A feed to the controller and through to the central control unit.    I have read one post saying it was fed from the vehicle battery. I cannot confirm this.   Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Erbesbacher fuse location on AS Trooper Empty Re: Erbesbacher fuse location on AS Trooper

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:46 am

PS !!!   The heater is under the vehicle floor below the drivers seat, approx.  Removing the forward weather panel, immediately aft of the offside wheel, gives good access from below. Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DAFYDD Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:24 pm

Dear Keith,
Thanks for your reply. I have made a superficial look at what I think is the heater compartment. To access this it seems that I need to get under the van and release a number of hex head screws securing the heavy duty plastic cover which has a series of vent slits in it. 
As far as the 5amp fuse is concerned, I haven't been able to locate this yet but will have another look later.
Diolch!
DAFYDD
DAFYDD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:32 pm

I'm several hundred miles away from our Trooper at the moment so I can't check, but is the Eberspacher not supplied via one of the fuses in the front of the Sargent power supply/controller unit, at the base of the cupboards under the sink/drainer units?

[Edit: now I come to re-read Keith's post I'm having doubts about whether ours is supplied from the leisure or the vehicle battery! If it's supplied from the vehicle battery then there's a possibility that the fuse is one of the block of 3 in front of the vehicle battery (on a 2007 van, hidden under the front edge of the battery cover).]
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 pm

DAFYDD wrote:Dear Keith,
Thanks for your reply. I have made a superficial look at what I think is the heater compartment. To access this it seems that I need to get under the van and release a number of hex head screws securing the heavy duty plastic cover which has a series of vent slits in it. 
As far as the 5amp fuse is concerned, I haven't been able to locate this yet but will have another look later.
Diolch!
Croeso!

Last edited by KMRTOPAZ on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed the final word.)
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DAFYDD Sat May 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Dear Keith,
So far problem unresolved. The vehicle is currently in for a service prior to a trip to Scotland. My garage man is prepared to have a go at resolving the problem. Will let you now what the outcome is as you've shown interest.
Diolch,
Dafydd
DAFYDD
DAFYDD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sat May 05, 2018 11:46 pm

Hi Dafydd
The only further suggestion I can make is to check whether the mini controller is actually  receiving current.  I changed mine to an 801 controller a couple of years back, but from memory (chancy !) if you pull the rubber control knob off carefully, you will reveal a single fixing screw. You should then be able to pull out some slack in the cable to access the back. A voltmeter will then give you the answer.
You can download a very good "Service Manual for the Eber D2 Heater" from the internet. It may be of help to your garage man.
Have a good Scottish trip.  Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DAFYDD Sun May 06, 2018 8:28 pm

Dear Keith,
Thanks for your further suggestions. I have the handbook for the heater which is with my garage at the moment. I will pass on to him to check supply to the controller.
Dafydd
DAFYDD
DAFYDD

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Goldup Wed May 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Dear Keith, try removing the lower fridge vent and buried in there I think you will find the fuses for the diesel heater. That's where they are on my 2005 Trooper and because they are partially open to the elements they were is an awful state. I had to replace one of the fuse holders as well as the fuse. Just hope that's all it is. Repairs/replacements to the main units are VERY expensive. All the best, Rod.
Rodney Goldup
Rodney Goldup

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : T30 Trooper
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Goldup Wed May 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Dear Keith, try removing the lower fridge vent and buried in there I think you will find the fuses for the diesel heater. That's where they are on my 2005 Trooper and because they are partially open to the elements they were is an awful state. I had to replace one of the fuse holders as well as the fuse. Just hope that's all it is. Repairs/replacements to the main units are VERY expensive. All the best, Rod.
Rodney Goldup
Rodney Goldup

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : T30 Trooper
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Wed May 16, 2018 11:32 pm

Hi Rod, Just for clarity, Dafyddd is the one with the problem, Keith is the one providing some info.    Keith !!!!
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DAFYDD Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Thank you Rod and KMRTOPAZ for your interest in my problem. Have only just returned from a 3 week holiday in bonny Scotland so have only just picked up your reply. Eureka! Located the 5 and 20 amp fuses in the fridge compartment; replaced the 5 amp fuse and hey presto the heater is working. Hope it continues to do so. Thank you both once again for your help.
DAFYDD
DAFYDD

Male

Back to top Go down