The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omnistor Awning on Symbol

2 posters

Go down

Omnistor Awning on Symbol Empty Omnistor Awning on Symbol

Post by AlanGT Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:40 pm

The awning on my 2007 Boxer Symbol needs to be removed to re-seal the fixing brackets to stop the ingress of water. The brackets are fixed to the van with two bolts each and plates to spread the load. My question is, do I simply remove the nuts from the bolts and pull the awning off? I suspect the awning has to be removed from the brackets and then the brackets removed separately but I'm not sure if this is the case or how to do it.  I would really appreciate some guidance before tackling this repair.
Many thanks,
Alan.
AlanGT
AlanGT

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Omnistor Awning on Symbol Empty Re: Omnistor Awning on Symbol

Post by BobK Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:35 am

I removed my awning on the Rienza for the same reasons as you.    Mine was a Fiamma F45 so not sure if the fittings will be the same.    The main cassette part of the awning hooks over a lip at the top of the bracket, and is then secured to the lower lip of the bracket with a small screw or bolt.    Undoing the securing screw/bolt from the lower lip enables you to lift the complete cassette off the top lip and take it to ground level.     Careful, it is quite heavy.     You could then remove the brackets by unbolting, cleaning up and re-sealing.

I have photos of the process which I can send email, if you require a closer look.

Good luck   Bob
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Omnistor Awning on Symbol Empty Re: Omnistor Awning on Symbol

Post by AlanGT Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 am

Thank you Bob. A successful removal of the awning and faulty bracket. I thought those little screws underneath were just to stop the awning sliding along its brackets. Once again many thanks for your help.
Alan
AlanGT
AlanGT

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down