The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LPG Adaptor/Filling Cylinders at Gas Station

+8
roli
Gromit
Justus2
PLOUGHLIN
KMRTOPAZ
TeamRienza
inspiredron
pilchard
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

LPG Adaptor/Filling Cylinders at Gas Station - Page 3 Empty Re: LPG Adaptor/Filling Cylinders at Gas Station

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:24 pm

Ian, my post was designed to give Pilchard the right tools to make use of pukka Italian exchange bottles....perhaps a halfway house between illegal refilling and a Gaslow system....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

LPG Adaptor/Filling Cylinders at Gas Station - Page 3 Empty Re: LPG Adaptor/Filling Cylinders at Gas Station

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Ok, a little bit of encouragement sorry if being picky.............
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pilchard Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:08 am

Bungalow boy... right, OK, know what your on about. But I've moved on from that. I'm no longer talking plumbing/gas fitting. I'm now on the far more prosaic problem of finding an Italian bottle that'll fit my locker, cos them big * Inappropriate Word * I've seen, and used, certainly won't.

Is it IanH?... accusing me of having a £30k bus... if only... and trying to save 10p? The only money I'm trying to save is the expense of a Gaslow/Gasit system that prob wouldn't  fit my titchy locker anyway, and would therefore have to be underslung, and in the process compromise my ground clearance.

You've got it wrong guys... please keep up.

To reiterate...
Are bottles of a similar size to the calor 9kg available in Italy?
                                               and
From the evidence available... has it been made illegal under UK/EU law for a "competent person" following all good safe practices and using safe and appropriate equipment to refill any gas cylinder from a petrol station LPG dispenser?
pilchard

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Inca
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:53 am

pilchard wrote:The only money I'm trying to save is the expense of a Gaslow/Gasit system that prob wouldn't  fit my titchy locker anyway, and would therefore have to be underslung, and in the process compromise my ground clearance.
Aaaaaarrrrggghhh!  oh_blast!

Don't even contemplate using a Gaslow, Gasit or any similar refillable on its side. It would instantly become a liquid take off system, and if you think I'm coming to your funeral you can take a running jump!  Whistle1   snigger
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:40 am

Gromit wrote:
Don't even contemplate using a Gaslow, Gasit or any similar refillable on its side. It would instantly become a liquid take off system
Pilchard is probably thinking about the horizontal tanks they make such as the ones fitted to AS PVC for last few years.
e.g. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by pilchard Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Gromit wrote:
pilchard wrote:The only money I'm trying to save is the expense of a Gaslow/Gasit system that prob wouldn't  fit my titchy locker anyway, and would therefore have to be underslung, and in the process compromise my ground clearance.
Aaaaaarrrrggghhh!  oh_blast!

Don't even contemplate using a Gaslow, Gasit or any similar refillable on its side. It would instantly become a liquid take off system, and if you think I'm coming to your funeral you can take a running jump!  Whistle1   snigger

You beat me to it Autosleep-Don. I have just searched all the galleries of emoticons, but cannot find one called "banging head against brick wall".... so that I can reply to Gromit.
But never mind, I think I might have lost the will to live on this topic.
pilchard

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Inca
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:24 pm

But never mind, I think I might have lost the will to live on this topic.

I HAVE wave !!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3