The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice in eliminating a rattle or 2

Go down

Advice in eliminating a rattle or 2  Empty Advice in eliminating a rattle or 2

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi everyone.  

I have a number of very annoying rattle in my new Warwick XL which I am trying to eliminate one by one.  However,  two are proving troublesome to identify and I wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

1.  Behind the drivers right ear !!  It is the sound of wood on wood - or wood on plastic.  Possibly coming from the top of the bathroom wall behind the driver, or in the bathroom behind the plastic fitment above the window --- does anyone know whats behind that fitment?  Less likely the source is in the  overhead storage area - possibly under the plastic tray.   Its not anything rattling on the shelving  in the bathroom or the table in the overhead storage area - have eliminated them. 

2.  The second rattle occurs in high winds when the van is stationery.  I really have no idea where this is coming from --- it does seem worse when the wind is on  the near side of the van, it sounds metallic .  Possibly it is under the fridge  ( but does still rattle with the external vent covers on) , or under the van, but it could equally be  on the roof.  

Sorry for not being very precise with either of these, but if anyone has had rattles in these areas and eliminated them I would be very grateful to hear.  Otherwise -- is back to SMC 

Many thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Advice in eliminating a rattle or 2  Empty Re: Advice in eliminating a rattle or 2

Post by Askit Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Can’t help with the first but the second could be the internal mesh behind the fridge vents, they are loose and rattle when the wind catches them. If you take the vents off you can check them, solution is fixing them in position with blu (or white) tack.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Advice in eliminating a rattle or 2  Empty Re: Advice in eliminating a rattle or 2

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:06 pm

Thanks Tony, that a good thought -- but it still does it with the vent covers on.  Had hoped putting these on would stop it but it does not seem to.    I rather wonder if there is something under the fridge - or under the van that could rattle in a draft --- Im pretty sure its metal on metal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Yes, mine still rattled with the winter covers on. Sounded a bit like the noise you hear from a kids bike wheel when they put a lolly stick in the spokes. If it’s not that then good luck with your search  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:29 pm

Ok thanks Tony, yes is could be that.  Thank you very much
Anonymous

Back to top Go down