The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary cover for beloved Duetto

3 posters

Go down

Temporary cover for beloved Duetto Empty Temporary cover for beloved Duetto

Post by jenny c-t Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi Everyone.Have any of you ingenious members got any top tips for protecting my baby during the pending arctic blast that is due to hit Norfolk on Monday.All suggestions appreciated.  smile! Jenny
jenny c-t
jenny c-t

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : ford duetto
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Temporary cover for beloved Duetto Empty Re: Temporary cover for beloved Duetto

Post by -mojo- Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:02 pm

My personal opinion about covers is that vans are best left to fend for themselves. Covers can cause problems with paint abrasion and condensation.

When I had mine outside, all I would do in really cold weather was hook it up to the mains every few days to top up the batteries and occasionally to run a greenhouse heater on frost setting - though I should add that as I always drained the water system fully, the latter probably wasn't necessary.

And then as soon as the weather gets warmer, take it out for a drive of at least 20 miles to keep everything moving as it should be.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:45 pm

If that, small, possibility worries you, would you take it to Switzerland, or the Pyrenees, or North Cape.
Its a metal van! It'll survive.

(I am, of course, assuming there's no water in it, incl the toilet flush for example)

Mine's in Norfolk too, and I won't be wrapping it in anything! snigger
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:09 pm

I have had an oil heater in mine all winter, on low most of the time, turned up if working in her, I have turned it up tonight though and will keep it higher while very cold, I am using her every day so more comfortable to get into  anyway. I did drain down, then went away and there is still some water in tank, it is inside though, as is the pipes, and using while in her. Toilet door left open at night.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down