The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxer bike rack

3 posters

Go down

Boxer bike rack Empty Boxer bike rack

Post by Wroxham29 Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi, I’m about to fit a fiamma carry bike 200dj to my 2001 Symbol. Does anyone have a pic of one fitted to a boxer, I presume the clamp bars go just below the window and just above the hinge. Also to bolt it to the door how does the door panel come off?

Wroxham29

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Boxer bike rack Empty Re: Boxer bike rack

Post by Toffee Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:38 pm

If you go to the fiamma web site I think you can download or view the fitting instructions.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 pm

Wroxham29 wrote:Hi, I’m about to fit a fiamma carry bike 200dj to my 2001 Symbol. Does anyone have a pic of one fitted to a boxer, I presume the clamp bars go just below the window and just above the hinge. Also to bolt it to the door how does the door panel come off?
Hi,
Can help with the door panel part of you project if the back door is similar to my Kemerton (Boxer)  Simply pop off the plastic caps with a thin bladed filler knife, then remove the screws and cups. The door catch is easily removed through it's cut out in the panel. Job done.
When replacing the screws either use some 15/16mm x 3.5mm flange head screws or use the old screws but be careful the old screws don't pull through the cups.  While the panel is off why not see if the door can be better insulated. Usually a bit sparse i.e. none in the stiles and rails. Will try and get a photo of my bike rack to you.

Cheers Windy
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Only the top bar is bolted through the door and I think you need to be careful of the bolt position as it might foul the rack as it attaches to the top bar.
Cheers Windy

Last edited by Windychippy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more word required)
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Windychippy Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Word of warning, I found that once the rack is fitted I could no longer open the door fully by using the release button Whistle1 .  I did find a generic offside light cluster for just under £40 though on eBay. Quality not quite as good as original but hard to detect once fitted.

Cheers
Windychippy
Windychippy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down