The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz Parapress Window

3 posters

Go down

Topaz Parapress Window  Empty Topaz Parapress Window

Post by MickyP Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:53 pm

I have recently joined the Forum and am seeking advise regarding a broken rubber hinge on the top offside window of my 2007 Topaz.

Apparently the window was made by a company called PARAPRESS. I am trying to source either the rubber hinge or the metal window stay that includes the hinge.
I have carried out a number of internet searches with little success, there are numerous window stays shown but none seem to be the one I want, I also contacted Auto Sleeper but they were unable to help as they no longer stock this item. The strut that supports the window in the open position is 8 1/4 inches long and has a push button lock.
MickyP
MickyP

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Topaz Parapress Window  Empty Re: Topaz Parapress Window

Post by -mojo- Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:26 pm

I'm certain that this has been covered here before (because I can recall the discussion of the inadequacies of the design, which requires a rubber piece to take up the twist). IIRC a solution was found, but I can't recall the details. A forum search may find the thread if you can think of the right search terms.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Micky
I had the same problem with a Topaz.  Failed to obtain a replacement connector from AS or anywhere else.  Eventually made a replacement from a piece of 1/8th thick neoprene sheet  which  lasted about six years till I sold the vehicle. Not that we opened that particular window very often!
I removed the two end pieces and used them as a pattern for cutting the replacement. Used some glue to hold the end in the strut and repeated the AS fastening method at the fixed end.    
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by MickyP Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:29 pm

Thanks Mojo, I have spent an enjoyable hour searching the forum with negative result. I will try other search parameters but think I will thave a go at fettling one as suggested by Keith, however I am still open to other suggestions.
MickyP
MickyP

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:00 pm

It was probably one of Keith's posts - what he says above sounds almost identical to what I remember!
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down