The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1995 Symphony Indicator relay

3 posters

Go down

1995 Symphony Indicator relay Empty 1995 Symphony Indicator relay

Post by banjo Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi.  Does anyone know the function of each of the relays located below the fuses on the 1995 van conversion?  My indicators have stopped working and although the fuse is ok I suspect maybe the relay isn't.  Just not sure which one to replace.  Your help would be appreciated.  Can't go for an MOT without indicators.

Thanks
Banjo

The left hand relay ie the nearside is the three pin type, this is for the emergency flashers.  Then there is a gap ie no relay fitted to socket then a further 5 relays, all the same type and 4 pin.  The two on the right appear to be associated with the lights.  Other than that I have not worked out the rest, but it appears that the vehicle is not exactly wired as per handbook. The heater indication lights should be on a certain fuse, when removed they are still on!  My vehicle heater fan is not working either, so again it could be linked.  If I don't manage to sort it then it will end up with an Auto electrician before the MOT.

Last edited by banjo on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Replies might benefit from clarification)
banjo

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : Boxer Sy

Back to top Go down

1995 Symphony Indicator relay Empty Re: 1995 Symphony Indicator relay

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:05 pm

banjo wrote:Hi.  Does anyone know the function of each of the relays located below the fuses on the 1995 van conversion?  My indicators have stopped working and although the fuse is ok I suspect maybe the relay isn't.  Just not sure which one to replace.  Your help would be appreciated.  Can't go for an MOT without indicators.

Thanks
Banjo
On mine, I don't know how many relays there are under there, but one is the cold start relay. (1.9TD)
When the indicators are operating, the 'clicking' certainly sounds it's coming from the same location.
So on mine there would be at least two relays.
Which is which I don't know.

Hope that helps.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:26 pm

All I can say is that the ticking sound seems to come from the left hand end on mine.
Can't be more precise without removing the lower dash panel.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by banjo Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:29 pm

I have looked into this problem a little further, and it appears that the fault is not a relay (there isn't one) but it is the Hazard switch.  This is easily replaced (approx £25 each) and will solve the problem.  A circuit diagram is not available from Peugeot as they keep that confidential, but a good Auto-electrician can sort it out.  So, if you have the same problem, change the Hazard switch and it sorts it out.

I hope that helps someone.
Banjo
banjo

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : Boxer Sy

Back to top Go down