The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet more Duo mods!

Go down

Yet more Duo mods! Empty Yet more Duo mods!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Just a few more mods to my Duo

First is a blatant copy, won't mention from whom in case I get it wrong!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I only mention this one as it is, as of TODAY, on sale in Lidl, £2:99! Like the person I copied it from, I shortened the wire and stuck the outside sensor under the upper door mirror, even managed to get it behind the door seal. Used hot glue to stick the wire to the door frame and the mirror body, more or less invisible. I cannot understand that this info is not available on the dash options, it isn't on mine at least. Has frost warning, switchable as well.

Second is a doormat, hardly exciting I know. But I found this proper coir mat and cut it down to fit. Not visible is that it, and the one on the passenger doorwell, is held in place with velcro self adhesive tabs.
Works very well and keeps the floor mat much cleaner

Some may have seen this before, so apologies for repeating.....
It's a head up display, GPS speedo. Whoever in Peugeot thought it a good idea to put the KPH figures on the speedo in dark red on a black background deserves an interview with myself! Even with the lights on its still utterly useless.
So I bought this, works in KPH or MPH, the time can be height in metres, the compass is basic bu at least tells you you're 180 degrees out!

The second pic shows it from my eye view. It really is unobstructive, you look through it rather than at it, the screen is about 4 x 3 ", and is see through as well. Simply wouldn't be without it , especially abroad where I am really strict on speed limits. In conjunction with the van's cruise control it makes keeping legal so much easier. Bought online, sorry, can't remember exactly where, but if you do look, on, say ebay, you'll find lots. You DO NOT want one with the rpm scale on it, they need to be plugged into the vehicle, this one, apart from needing 12v, is totally GPS.

Talking of 12v, it really annoyed me that the cigarette lighter on my van didn't work with a normal car 12v plug in it, nor any others I could find. So I swapped it for a proper 12v socket, bought online. A word of warning if you wish to copy, getting the cigarette lighter out was NOT easy! There must be a way, as some Froggie person managed to put it in! Now have 3 sockets with the dual adaptor, one for GPS speedo, above, one for Sat Nav, and one for charging tablets and phones etc.
Poor pic, sorry, but you get the gist.

That's all for now, I really must stop adding more to this poor truck! drinksallround
Anonymous

Back to top Go down