The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leisure Battery

5 posters

Go down

Leisure Battery Empty Leisure Battery

Post by tonykilby Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi everyone,
      If anyone has any advice on how to remove the drivers seat of a 2011 Warwick Duo so as to replace the leisure battery I would be grateful. Thankyou.  Tony Kilby
tonykilby
tonykilby

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Leisure Battery Empty Re: Leisure Battery

Post by Gromit Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:37 pm

Carefully. It's a lot heavier than you think!!

Don't know your van so can't really advise, although on ours it's obvious which four (I think) socket head bolts need to be removed.

Somebody who knows will be along soon, but take care or you could easily hurt your back.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:45 pm

You need a Torx 40 socket and there are 6 bolts to undo to remove the driver's seat. This is an easy job, but as Gromit says watch your back because the seats are heavy.

The battery on my 2014 model is located in a plastic box under the driver's seat and is secured with a nylon strap. Undo the negative lead first when removing and replace it last when re-installing the new battery. Don't forget to replace the hydrogen vent-off tube. The battery clamps are conventional and from memory have 10 mm bolt heads (or that just might be 13 mm)
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Leisure Battery Empty Leisure battery

Post by tonykilby Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Spospe wrote:You need a Torx 40 socket and there are 6 bolts to undo to remove the driver's seat. This is an easy job, but as Gromit says watch your back because the seats are heavy.

The battery on my 2014 model is located in a plastic box under the driver's seat and is secured with a nylon strap. Undo the negative lead first when removing and replace it last when re-installing the new battery. Don't forget to replace the hydrogen vent-off tube. The battery clamps are conventional and from memory have 10 mm bolt heads (or that just might be 13 mm)
 Sounds like your 2014 model is the same layout as my 2011 model from your description. Thanks for your help and I will watch my back. Regards, Tony Kilby
tonykilby
tonykilby

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by redturner37 Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:25 am

and I thought that mine was a bad idea. Still under the seat in the Harmony but can be (just) removed through the cut out at the front, if you lay it on its side. Bad idea laying lead/acid batteries on their side.....
redturner37
redturner37

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by carlc Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:20 pm

As gromit said it's heavy but an easy job.we put a second leisure battery under the passenger seat. Not been on ehu since. We have 120 solar panel
carlc
carlc

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down