The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shower cubicle water proofing

+3
Gromit
Paramedic
KMRTOPAZ
7 posters

Go down

Shower cubicle water proofing  Empty Shower cubicle water proofing

Post by Guest Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 am

Hi everyone,  We have just taken delivery of a new Warwick XL --- and notice that inside the shower cubicle there are three different finishes.   As you stand and look into the shower, to the left is the sink and that wall is tanked in the white PVC , the wall straight in front is a speckled beige colour finish and the wall to the right is the standard finish  as per the rest of the motorhome.  As this is a wet room, I am assuming this has been treated  with something or surely it is going to warp and rot when the shower is used.   Does anyone know  if it has been treated?  Many thanks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Shower cubicle water proofing  Empty Re: Shower cubicle water proofing

Post by KMRTOPAZ Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:06 am

Is there a shower curtain hidden somewhere? Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:16 am

Hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum. Similarly, the wall decor in our shower cubicle is continued throughout the habitation interior much like a very fine ripple finish like wallpaper and obviously water proof. Am sure other Warwick owners will report. Regards
asof_welcome2

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:46 pm

Thank you for the welcome --- lots of questions to come I am sure.  No there is no shower curtain and no track for it, even if there should be one and its missing.    Picked the van up from SMC on Friday, very happy with it so far -  but lots of rattles which we will work to quieten down over our first few trips.   One thing we are pondering is taking the microwave out and using it as a cupboard.  We rarely used the microwave in our old Autotrail Tracker and as space is a premium in Warwick it could be better used.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Outtheoffice wrote: . . .  but lots of rattles which we will work to quieten down over our first few trips.   One thing we are pondering is taking the microwave out and using it as a cupboard.  We rarely used the microwave in our old Autotrail Tracker and as space is a premium in Warwick it could be better used.
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the rattles. They come as a non-optional extra in any motorhome I'm afraid. There are lots of ways to reduce the clamour, but you will never stop it altogether.  Whistle1

Thinking of the microwave - as with most things in a new (or new to you) van, I would always suggest using the van for a while before reaching for the screwdriver. The temptation is always to try to fix problems, BUT you may realise you don't actually have one? If you find you don't need the storage room, leave the microwave where it is for occasional use.

If it needs to come out in the end, it can be removed just as easily after a few trips in the new van.  up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Thanks Dave --- The good lady wife ( and I ) need to travel much lighter than before , because we had the space we filled it, as you do.  A ruthless look through what we can leave at home is needed.  Part of the rationale for changing mhs has been to get under 3.5 tonnes and hence into smaller towns and village centres.  Cannot have it both ways !!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:29 pm

No microwave in our van. But as we seldom, if ever, use the cooker, it gets used as a storage cupboard for all the clothes washing equipment and spare toilet rolls etc. This has the added benefit of stopping all the rattles associated with the cooker. Maybe the microwave could be used in he same way.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by greycaster Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:54 pm

We use the microwave as a bread bin and veg storage. Just make sure you remove the glass plate, the microwave door has been known to pop open when travelling. Ours did and the glass turntable hit the worktop below and made a big hole in it. Fortunately it was replaced under warranty.
greycaster
greycaster

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by greycaster Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:55 pm

Oh forgot to mention our van has one wall plastic and the other two have the dimpled waterproof finish.
greycaster
greycaster

Male

Member Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:01 pm

Thank you for your thoughts --- a bit concerned about the non dimpled shower wall, I cannot believe that there would be a non waterproofed wall inside the shower cubicle though
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Justus2 Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:38 am

Our Warwick XL is now just 2 years old.. As you look into the shower, the wall at the back and to the right have the same finish, its a beige plastic coated ply or similar. Totally waterproof in our experience, we wipe it out with a cloth as soon as we have used it. You say yours has a different finish to the right hand side. I find that a bit odd. Can't believe it was fitted in error, but it's not impossible I suppose. Perhaps try wetting it with a little garden/plant spray and see what happens. Perhaps have a look at other current vans at the dealers. Whatever happens I would ask your dealer.
Regarding the microwave, we use ours occasionally for warming up meals which we have taken pre-cooked from home, at other times its a cupboard, small loaf, bread buns etc.
Justus2
Justus2

Male

Member Age : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 am

Mmm this does not make any sense that we have a different finish --- I have been in touch with another owner on the AS Facebook page with a 2017 van which is the same as ours, so if a mistake ours is not the only one.    I have mailed the dealer and asked them if it is waterproofed. and to take a look at another one they have in stock.   I cannot believe that you are expected to shower keeping that wall dry !!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Justus2 Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Alan Curry was very helpful is sorting some problems with ours when we first got it he's AS customer service manager at the factory.. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's a picture of ours, hope it helps..
Justus2
Justus2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 am

Thank you -- that's very helpful, its not what ours looks like !!  Can I ask what year your van is.  The only other one like ours I have found is a 17 plate so I am wondering if it is the most recent vans that are different.  Great to have a name at AS if this is a build fault
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Justus2 Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 am

Our is 2015 on a 65 plate. We've had it just 2 years, infact its second habitation service is due tomorrow.. You will get it sorted I am sure, but it can be frustrating at first and various minor faults do develop in the early stages. Problem is we motorhomers will insist on dragging 'em round the country which encourages stuff to come loose.. ;-)
Justus2
Justus2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by palette Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:44 am

Hi Outtheoffice

We bought our Warwick XL off SMC in September, so 67 reg. We asked the same question, Joe assured us there has never been a problem with the shower wall finishes. So if you do get a problem, we can both go and kick his motorbike over. up!

Male

Member Age : 66
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:46 pm

palette wrote:Hi Outtheoffice

We bought our Warwick XL off SMC in September, so 67 reg. We asked the same question, Joe assured us there has never been a problem with the shower wall finishes. So if you do get a problem, we can both go and kick his motorbike over. up!

Ha this made me laugh --- so have you also got the three different finishes in the shower cubicle -- one being the same as the walls in the main body of the mh?    If so have you used the shower and has it been ok?    Many thanks
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by palette Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Yes, three different finishes. We've used the shower quite a lot with no problems. I've not really got a problem with it, when you consider it's a van conversion, the shower is excellent. I'm still up for kicking Joe's bike over though, he said we'd have full gas and fuel tanks on collection, we didn't, nice hamper though.

Male

Member Age : 66
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down