The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingham washroom and lounge

+4
ymfb1
Kingham
Dave n Cath
MysteryMachine
8 posters

Go down

Kingham washroom and lounge Empty Kingham washroom and lounge

Post by MysteryMachine Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:33 pm

Im intersted in the Kemerton XL but I love the bed in the Kingham. I was wondering how people got on with the washroom. I'm 6ft 2 and large built, I probably wouldn't use the shower just the toilet. Obviously I would have to go and see one and check it out but how do any owners see its width as a problem? Also how comfortable is the lounge sofa. It looks an odd shape and half of it is facing the kitchen.  How does this arrangement fare at meal times etc. I really do think this is a cracking van and would love it to work for me.
MysteryMachine
MysteryMachine

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle Year:none

Back to top Go down

Kingham washroom and lounge Empty Re: Kingham washroom and lounge

Post by Dave n Cath Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:17 pm

We have the Kingham and are delighted with it. I am 6ft and 15 stone and use the show and toilet ok. I love the sofa, Cath likes the passenger captain seat so all good for us. We only use the large table outside and manage with the small table when eating inside. The lift up worktop is used as an extra surface for drinks etc.
Dave n Cath
Dave n Cath

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:12 pm

The Kingham washroom is a compromise and is going to be a tight fit for larger builds, like myself, but it works. 

I manage fine with the loo (Ones &Twos) and I manage fine with the shower, but I do struggle a little when it comes to washing my face over the bathroom sink. I have to stand with my right leg outside of the bathroom, to get my face close enough to splash water on it, without it going everywhere.

I travel solo with my dog, so can't really comment on regular cooking with two in the van, except when one of my sons visited me on site in London in April and he sat in the passenger seat drinking vino, while I cooked us a chilli from scratch. 

The sofa is comfy enough, but if I'm watching a DVD, I tend to leave the driver's seat facing forward and use the back of it as a backrest, or I use the passenger seat.
The sofa facing the kitchen and the side door gives the best view out with the door open, like when I arrived on site this afternoon.....[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I love the bed most though and have it all to myself up!

Last edited by Wargenwolf on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double image)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ymfb1 Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:28 pm

We have a Kingham, but we have never used the shower but I use the toilet every night.

The lounge sofa is very comfortable and we have not experienced any problems but eat without a table.
ymfb1
ymfb1

Male

Member Age : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi mystery machine , Kemerton for us as a fixed bed taking up a large proportion of what is a small van ie not a coachbuilt seems an extravagance! Then again each to their own!
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Post by sylvester1954 Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:49 pm

We love the van. I am 6ft and avoid using the shower but my prettier half uses the shower happily. The toilet is fit for purpose.
The bed is brilliant !!!
Cooking - last year we cooked christmas dinner in the van and it was one of the best christmas dinners we have ever had - great cooking facility.
The sofa is comfy and I have even cat-napped on it more than once. The table is a bit of a fag when we remove it from over the cab and everything else stored has to go. So we bought a cheaper folding table that stores in the bathroom easily for use when eating.
Overall we really do rate the Kingham and hope that you find her as enjoyable as we do.
sylvester1954
sylvester1954

Male

Member Age : 64
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Milliways Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:51 pm

We both use the toilet and shower (but only 5'10 tall) with no issues.

The sofa is very comfy, love being able to sit looking out with the side open. I tend to hog the sofa and husband has a chair.

Cooking is fine, especially with the extra pull out shelf above the fridge. We have a nest of ingenio saucepans stored in the oven.  

We have a cheap Costco table that we store in the overhead locker, lighter and more robust than the one supplied, but only for eating outside with. We tend to eat using non-slips trays if eating inside.

We downsized from an 8.6m tag axle with island bed and have no regrets.
Milliways
Milliways

Female

Member Age : 58
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by MysteryMachine Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks to all of you for your owners experience. I'm really keen on the Kingham and Kemerton XL. Love the idea of the bedroom with loo and separate lounge/kitchen area in the Kingham. To be honest I will only really use on site showers so as long as the loo is usable then that would suffice. How about the lack of an opening window in the bedroom area. Does that cause any problems?  I was also wondering whether anyone thought the extra 39cm or so over the 599cm models made much difference parking and maneuvering or on road?
MysteryMachine
MysteryMachine

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle Year:none

Back to top Go down

Post by KTF Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:31 am

Because i travel my dogs on a platform (mattress stored at home) in crates on the bed, I would have liked some more ventilation. I looked at various van window companies but could not find any who had rear sliding windows available. So would opt for a roof turbo vent. I also looked at removing the microwave (no electric any way) to open up the view and offer more visible space in the van. The size has not made any difference to me. I sleep on the sofa it works fine for me at 5' 4"
KTF
KTF

Male

Member Age : 63

Back to top Go down