The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thetford fridge N3080 error codes

2 posters

Go down

Thetford fridge N3080 error codes Empty Thetford fridge N3080 error codes

Post by ssjohnl Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:32 am

My fridge has failed (again)!
Last time, I was asked to press the three buttons (left arrow, right arrow. middle) all together to show the error code. The error code is indicated by the number of led's lit up on the 'coldness' level. There are five of these led's and mine shows the third one lit up. Does anyone know what that error code means?
I can't remember my original error code from two years ago but that resulted in a part being replaced which has worked until now.
The actual fault is the same as before - I can't run the fridge on 12v. The user manual suggests checking the fuse in the interface unit - I've done that.
I'll be calling my dealer on Monday and it will hopefully be sorted out as I'm within the Thetford 3 yr warranty period but I'd still be interested to know what the error code means - needless to say, it seems impossible to find the info from the Thetford website and they don't do a customer service 'phone no. although there is an email facility with a 5 day turnaround!
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Thetford fridge N3080 error codes Empty Re: Thetford fridge N3080 error codes

Post by Cymro Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:03 am

ssjohnl wrote:
The actual fault is the same as before - I can't run the fridge on 12v.

May I assume that by that you mean that the fridge will not run (on 12v) when the engine is running?  [It's only when the engine is running that it's possible for the fridge to work on 12v. With engine off, the fridge won't work on 12v notwithstanding the presence of a leisure battery.]

I only mention this bcause it's a common misapprehension.  But given what you've reported about the earlier experience, I'm sure you (but perhaps not others) already know that.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:22 am

That's right. I'm sure that I could set the fridge to battery then start the engine and all was ok. I've done it that way round and I've also started the engine before switching the fridge to battery. Neither method works now so it's exactly as it was when the van was first bought in March 2015!
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:22 am

Doesn't sound too promising.  One final naive suggestion: have you set fridge to Auto and then started engine?
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:33 am

My model doesn't have the AUTO function - the book tells me that the AUTO  function exists on the model version with touchscreen. My model is the version with LED control panel. I think I've exhausted all possibilities but I'd still like to know what that error code means - I'll add it to this thread if I ever find out and nobody else knows. Wouldn't it be great if there was a page of error codes in the manual!
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ssjohnl Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Problem is now resolved.

The error message code (level three light on) apparently means there's a problem with the 12v supply. I'd already checked the two fuses marked 'fridge' in the EM40 interface unit (behind the driver seat under the bench cushion) and found the fuses intact. The next thing was to take it back to the dealer.

The dealer replaced the EM40 interface unit which had burned out. Pity the van's nearly two and a half years old and out of warranty so I had to pay.
John.
ssjohnl
ssjohnl

Male

Back to top Go down