The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro 6 Models - Average Fuel Consumption?

+4
ymfb1
Justus2
Kingham
HowieT
8 posters

Go down

Euro 6 Models - Average Fuel Consumption? Empty Euro 6 Models - Average Fuel Consumption?

Post by HowieT Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:42 pm

Hello there,

There must now be quite a few Euro 6 Peugeot and Fiat Auto-Sleepers models out there on the roads.

The manufacturers made big claims about the fuel efficiency of their new cleaner technologies (AdBlue for Peugoet and seemingly witchcraft from Fiat)

Are Euro 6 owners finding improvements or are the claims just hype to offset higher prices?

I used to regularly achieve 32mpg average (according to the on-board trip computer) with the old 2.2 120bhp Euro 4 Peugeot X250. Careful driving would see that rise to 38mpg. Manual calculations showed those results to be about right

Are Euro 6 variants topping that?

After the VW group falsified performance results, it would be interesting to see what the real world performance is like?
HowieT
HowieT

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL 2.3 180 C
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Euro 6 Models - Average Fuel Consumption? Empty Re: Euro 6 Models - Average Fuel Consumption?

Post by Kingham Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:32 pm

According to the onboard computer, my average over its first 1800 miles is 32mpg.

That's been fairly steady away, mixed traffic driving, but not particularly trying to conserve fuel.

I'm hoping it improves as the engine loosens up !

Ken.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Euro 6 Models - Average Fuel Consumption? Empty Re: Euro 6 Models - Average Fuel Consumption?

Post by Justus2 Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:26 am

Over 11000 miles and nearly 2 years our on board computer has never shown more than 32 mpg. It has showed a few mpg less, depending on the the type of terrain we have been visiting. We have a manual Fiat 2.2 130 bhp engine
Justus2
Justus2

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by ymfb1 Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:37 am

We have not driven ours far enough to determine and I'm not sure the first few thousand miles is going to be an accurate reflection on future economies
ymfb1
ymfb1

Male

Member Age : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandolf Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:53 am

Our new Warwick XL is showing an average of 31mpg over 4.500 miles ,2.800 miles of that were in Spain and Portugal traveling the Sierra Nevada mountains and the Picos de Europa .We travel with the van fully loaded so do not think thats to bad
Gandolf
Gandolf

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by T25Pete Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:41 am

I have a Cat 5 Nuevo 150. (4000 miles from new). It varies between 27 and 32 depending on the journey, traffic and mood! The trip is showing an average of 27.4 from new. My 130bhp 2011 Symbol did an average of 31 over a year of ownership.
I'm putting the difference down to the newness of the Nuevo, it size (a lot more drag) and I think that it weighs more. 
I have noticed that head winds make a big difference. Popping down to the south coast it can do 27 going down and 31/32 coming back. This is M25 / A3, typically a head wind on the way. Tail wind coming back. I normally cruise at 60 on the Sat nav which is just over 65 on the speedo. I hardly notice the head wind driving as the engine has plenty of power.
It would be interesting to know how much adblue costs per mile.
Cheers 
Pete
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Elvis the Fish Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Just clocked up 3000 miles and averaging 32.2 - hopefully this will improve with age!
Elvis the Fish
Elvis the Fish

Male

Member Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:21 am

T25Pete wrote:
It would be interesting to know how much adblue costs per mile.
Cheers 
Pete
I don't know the figures, but I imagine they will be as varied as fuel consumption figures, where you look at engine size & power, style of driving, load carried, terrain and traffic conditions.

If my tank lasts me an estimated 8000 miles, the cost will be negligible in the grander scheme of motorhoming costs.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhound Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:08 am

Wargenwolf wrote:If my tank lasts me an estimated 8000 miles, the cost will be negligible in the grander scheme of motorhoming costs.

Agree, the AdBlue is only really a concern to businesses that do massive mileage every year, for (most) of us it will be negligible.  It's not really to improve economy, it's only for emissions.

I stopped worrying about fuel economy years ago, I just fill it up when I need to and get on with enjoying the holiday.

All I do is monitor it occassionally in case of any issues that are caused by a sudden change in economy, but otherwise I can't do anything else about it so I just get on with it  smile!
Greyhound
Greyhound

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down