The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting roof bed to a 2 berth Symbol/Symphony

3 posters

Go down

Fitting roof bed to a 2 berth Symbol/Symphony Empty Fitting roof bed to a 2 berth Symbol/Symphony

Post by Matty Chappas Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:21 pm

After a year of looking we may have possibly found the van for us but unfortunately it is a 2 berth and we have been really holding out for a 4.  Has anyone ever removed the front cupboard on a 2 berth and fitted an aftermarket roof bed?  Does anyone know or think if this is even possible?  And does anyone with a 4 berth want to sell their roof bed?   (Here's hoping!)
Matty Chappas
Matty Chappas

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Fitting roof bed to a 2 berth Symbol/Symphony Empty Re: Fitting roof bed to a 2 berth Symbol/Symphony

Post by Matty Chappas Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:28 pm

With further investigation, I have now found this question has been posted before and it can be done up!  Apologies!
Matty Chappas
Matty Chappas

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Fitting roof bed to a 2 berth Symbol/Symphony Empty Re: Fitting roof bed to a 2 berth Symbol/Symphony

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:31 pm

Well it can be done as you've found out but getting hold of a roof bed for one might be near impossible.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by njr001 Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:13 pm

in 2009 when I purchased my Symbol ES there was an option for a roof bed, I doubt whether the factory has any still available but it might be worth a call to Mark in the Service Centre.
njr001

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down