The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting roof rack and bars to Windrush

3 posters

Go down

Fitting roof rack and bars to Windrush Empty Fitting roof rack and bars to Windrush

Post by young_bairn Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:17 pm

Apologies if this has been covered before but I had a look in the search bar and nothing came up.

I want to fit a roof rack and bars to my 2012 AS Windrush on the Peugeot Boxer body.

AS has fitted rails for aesthetic purposes according to the manual. I want to have load bearing rails so that I can carry paddleboards or a small roof box.

Anybody did this modification and can anyone recommend where to start with this project?

Thanks
Graham
young_bairn
young_bairn

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Windrush
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Fitting roof rack and bars to Windrush Empty Re: Fitting roof rack and bars to Windrush

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:04 pm

I have the roof rack and bars fitted to my WXL, The fixing brackets are all ready on the roof to accept the new rack

Look at the link for the Thule racks for vans

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Fitting roof rack and bars to Windrush Empty Re: Fitting roof rack and bars to Windrush

Post by young_bairn Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:36 pm

FreelanderUK wrote:I have the roof rack and bars fitted to my WXL, The fixing brackets are all ready on the roof to accept the new rack

Look at the link for the Thule racks for vans

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi thanks for the reply.

Did your van have the existing autosleeper rails and if so we're they easy to remove? Did they leave any holes in the roof needing plugged etc?

Cheers
young_bairn
young_bairn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:41 pm

It would have come from the factory with the AS rails fitted but when I bought the WXL it had already had them removed and replaced with the correct rack, there is a post on here where one of the forum members did this so he may reply and point you to his thread

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by young_bairn Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:41 pm

Thanks Chris. Trolled through the search bar and found some helpful posts. Seems like a pain in the a**e to remove and rectify so you will be glad yours was done at factory. 

Essentially you need to drill out rivets, prise and pull without damaging anything then sealing the holes left behind. I don't think I will tackle this one on my own.
young_bairn
young_bairn

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:08 pm

young_bairn wrote:Thanks Chris. Trolled through the search bar and found some helpful posts. Seems like a pain in the a**e to remove and rectify so you will be glad yours was done at factory. 

Essentially you need to drill out rivets, prise and pull without damaging anything then sealing the holes left behind. I don't think I will tackle this one on my own.
I have removed the rails A S fitted and fitted the thule rails this is on my
Kemerton xl making improvements post if that helps page 2
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by young_bairn Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:41 pm

glyne lock wrote:
young_bairn wrote:Thanks Chris. Trolled through the search bar and found some helpful posts. Seems like a pain in the a**e to remove and rectify so you will be glad yours was done at factory. 

I have removed the rails A S fitted and fitted the thule rails this is on my
Kemerton xl making improvements   post if that helps page 2
Thanks Glyne I will have a look.
young_bairn
young_bairn

Male

Back to top Go down