The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you suggest good wheel clamp/lock?

+2
rose49f
Pear Tree
6 posters

Go down

Can you suggest good wheel clamp/lock? Empty Can you suggest good wheel clamp/lock?

Post by Pear Tree Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi
I am about to take delivery of a new Bourton and want to buy a wheel lock. What do you suggest? All suggestions for a make, size and supplier welcome.
Thank you
Pear Tree
Pear Tree

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Can you suggest good wheel clamp/lock? Empty Re: Can you suggest good wheel clamp/lock?

Post by rose49f Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:20 pm

I have one of these. Google Milenco wheel clamp for motorhomes  Can you suggest good wheel clamp/lock? 51ifbouR4SL._AC_UL130_Get good one as think of the price of your van.
I only use it at home but also have a steering lock which I use when away. It takes some getting used to but once you've mastered getting it on and off it's no problem. I've had mine three years.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Can you suggest good wheel clamp/lock? Empty Re: Can you suggest good wheel clamp/lock?

Post by Alf Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:47 pm

I would go for a steering lock first Buy  Disklok

Alf

http://www.disklokuk.co.uk/?gclid=CNmxxIeFudMCFW4R0wod9OwATg
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:36 pm

We have both, - the Milenco wheel clamp and the steering wheel disklok. As far as we are concerned both excellent buys and give us peace of mind parked in the drive at home. We also have the Sigma cat 1 alarm fitted when we bought the van. I know from this forum that better alarms do exist, but the Sigma is value for money for us.

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:08 am

The Nemesis is based on designs used by most major wheel 
clamping enforcements agencies and the DVLA.

http://www.towsure.com/fullstop-nemesis-wheel-clamp

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by GP1069 Tue May 09, 2017 8:14 pm

I purchased the Bulldog CA2000 Centaur Wheel Clamp which is has a very good rating on soldsecure.com website, along with a Sigma cat 1 alarm hopefully all will remain safe.

AS Warwick XL
MINI GP #1069
GP1069
GP1069
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Pear Tree Tue May 23, 2017 5:52 am

Hi all
Thanks for your help. Have bought a bulldog clamp. It seems very sturdy. Downside is the weight and the skin I have lost off my knuckles trying to set it up for the first time! Anyway all good and fitted securely.
Pear Tree
Pear Tree

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 12:05 pm

rose49f wrote:I have one of these. Google Milenco wheel clamp for motorhomes  Can you suggest good wheel clamp/lock? 51ifbouR4SL._AC_UL130_Get good one as think of the price of your van.
I only use it at home but also have a steering lock which I use when away. It takes some getting used to but once you've mastered getting it on and off it's no problem. I've had mine three years.

i have two of these bit fiddly to get on a right b-------d to get off without the key  i also use one of these Stoplock Pro Maximum Security Steering Wheel Lock Clamp - NEW Thatcham 3   and a tracker 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down