The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL ordered!

+3
Swansea Jac
roli
Jools
7 posters

Go down

Warwick XL ordered! Empty Warwick XL ordered!

Post by Jools Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:47 am

Cath and I had a fun day at the NEC today.

We already had the Warwick XL in our sights after seeing one at our local dealers. We wanted to check out other options, and after visiting most stands at the show we headed back to th AS stand.

So the order is now placed..... Seems like they don't have any blue base vans ready to convert, and so it's likely to be around March we get to see our new baby....... It's going to be a long few months!

Thanks everyone for all your posts helping us reach this point.

Cheers
Jools and Cath
Jools
Jools

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL ordered! Empty Re: Warwick XL ordered!

Post by roli Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:34 am

It may seem a long time, we did similar and it was ready Feb so we waited till March to get the new plate. We used the old van right up to change time
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Swansea Jac Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:07 am

How exciting!  It looks a lovely van!  allthumbz
Swansea Jac
Swansea Jac
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper Model : Legend
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi What patience you have. There is no way I would wait 5 months. twiddle_thumbs

Best regards

Mike

mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL ordered! Empty warwick xl

Post by narrow escape Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:23 pm

well done both,you will love it ,we've had ours since late july and have clocked up 2,500mls.
as the weeks become months you will find small things that you may wish to improve upon to suit yourselves.we have taken the table from above the cab and stored it under seat close to fridge(they rattle above cab anyway)then take your bedding and store it above cab it's quite roomy,we can get all ours in except 2 small pillows which live on the drivers seat through the day.this is easier in the mornings than lifting beds etc;
the tall autosleeper pocket behind the drivers seat will take 2 s shaped clips carefully slid into the top,where you can hang the winter fleeces.
this next one will probably will probably bring tears to your eyes,but we have removed the seat end panels to gain easy access to leads,ramps,hoses etc;through the rear door without dripping water and mud etc;over the van furnishings.the seat ends are cosmetic and not load bearing,they can be put into storage until you sell on the van.I have made replacement end panels which attach to the bed frame via door catch magnets.
finally consider buying cheap floor covering and save those rear carpets for another day .good luck,get to it!
narrow escape
narrow escape

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : autosleeper warwick

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL ordered! Empty Your new Warwick XL

Post by GCCrow Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi,

We have had our XL since May, replacing a Nuevo. We have spent a good deal of time in it and done 6000 miles and don't regret the purchase at all- I find it excellent to drive.
I agree with the post above about removing the table from the over-cab storage area. We have fitted both tables in the wardrobe-one on each side with turn buckle catches and the same type of plastic cradles that the small table is parked in. You don't loose  much room and they are well out of the way. By the way we have found the chromium plated leg for the small table when it is stowed away the ideal storage place for a golf umbrella so it is out of the way and easily accessible.
Enjoy your van.................when March finally comes around.
GCCrow
GCCrow

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel6855 Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:27 pm

I fully endorse the comments above. We bought our Warwick XL in June and absolutely love it. I wish I had seen GCCrows tip about the umbrella. Brilliant solution. 
I only recently fitted a wall clamp from an old fire extinguisher (similar to the one holding the table leg in wardrobe) in the corner behind the driver's seat, next to the winding arm for awning. The umbrella fits perfectly here and is easily accessible.

David
Angel6855
Angel6855
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down