The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

electrics

3 posters

Go down

electrics  Empty electrics

Post by bikechick666 Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Hi all, I have a question or maybe several regarding the electrics in my 96 peugeot boxer autosleeper. All at the same time (so thinking its connected) several things have stopped working. The 12v ignition switch on the fridge is no longer sparking, the battery appears not to charge on hook up and part of the zig unit is not working (the battery level & water level)The water pump, heating, toilet flush and lights all work. The wiring from the main battery to the leisure battery has been messed with at some point but has all been working the past 2 years. Any ideas would be appreciated. I want to sell as not enough room for me and four dogs! Lol
thanks everyone.
bikechick666
bikechick666

Female

Member Age : 48
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

electrics  Empty Re: electrics

Post by -mojo- Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:48 pm

First thing you need to do is find the 12V fuses and check if any have blown. On a Zig control panel they may be under a plastic cover at one end - if you post photos of the electrical controls, people may be able to help further.

If the leisure battery has been allowed to get completely flat it's not unusual for the charger to blow a fuse when next plugged into the mains - because it's trying to charge into a near short-circuit. But that's not necessarily what has happened in your case, I should add.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

electrics  Empty Re: electrics

Post by newterry Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi,
I'm a bit late on this one but have been having similar problems to you with my 1998/9 Harmony 1.9TD.
12v will work only on hook-up and the battery on charge . Originally I was blowing the 30amp fuse under the drivers seat for now hooking up and unhooking in the right way.
Then the 12v 5 pin relay blew (also under the drivers seat) and finally the leisure battery was tested today was down to 8.4 volts after 2 days charging.
The battery is more thanĀ 6 years old and is 'cream-crackered' and will be replaced by my habitiation engineer in the new year.
At the same time he's going to replace the fresh water drain tap with a kit from CAK tanks which brings the tap a bit near to the kerbside. He needs to drop the tank to do the fix.
Hope this is of some help if you're still having problems.
Terry

Never walk past open doors of opportunity as you'll never know what treasures lie beyond.
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony 1.9TD
Vehicle Year : 1999 reg

Back to top Go down