The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underslung Gas Tank

4 posters

Go down

Underslung Gas Tank Empty Underslung Gas Tank

Post by rich g Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:49 pm

The gauge for the above has stopped working,is there a fuse for it ,if so were will i find it.

Thanks

rich
rich g
rich g

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Underslung Gas Tank Empty Gas tank for AS Rienza

Post by Terry Beckwith Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 am

I have today joined the AS OWNERS FORUM as a 2002 autosleeper Rienza on a transit 2.4 base owner.
The question I have is  ....is it possible to fit a gas tank underneith the vehicle ?  What size tank would you recommend, ( we spend a coule of winter months in Spain ). What is the approximate cost of supplying and fitting ?

Thanks
Terry Beckwith
Terry Beckwith

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Underslung Gas Tank Empty Re: Underslung Gas Tank

Post by Gromit Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:32 am

Rich - I don't think so, but it has only two connections at each end of the wires, plus the power as well of course. It sounds as if one of those has come adrift as the gauge itself shouldn't pack up.

If yours is like ours the gauge doesn't work until the engine is running. You could check to see if the power is getting to the gauge. Can't think of anything else that could cause it not to work.

Terry - Could you introduce yourself in the "Welcome Section" please. Then you can re-post your query on this sub forum as a new thread where you will be far more likely to get useful advice. (I can then delete your post above to keep things nice and tidy.)
Ooops - nearly forgot. Welcome to the forum. You will get all the answers you need here. up!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Underslung Gas Tank Empty rienze gas under mk6 transit wheelbase

Post by bigsparks Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:58 am

Hi Terry u get that tank sorted out ?   (sort,type ,cost labour,etc)

i need to sort this out at present doing my winter months in pavao  De varzin a marina park mid. Portugal,  nice if u like rain to test u leaks haha.
but  the GPL garages bit rare,  
At present use the Safefill system but only one mid size bottle go in locker, my large spare under seat, and has to sit outside with locker door open, 
and disconect when going out to town ,
not able post a piccy of the park for some reason well worth putting on the next visit,
bigsparks
bigsparks

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : RIENZA
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down