The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leak

3 posters

Go down

Leak  Empty Leak

Post by Bluebelle2 Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:34 am

HELP.. Now that we have started having rain I noticed that the carpet is absolutely soaking on the front passenger side footwell. I saw a few drops on top of the bulkhead carpet which sits underneath the glove box. I am blowed if I can see where it is coming from?

I had a chappy come and check the windscreen which he thinks is OK. He also put a little bit of sealer around the base of the aerial which sits on the pillar at the side of the windscreen.

Has anyone else had this ie is it a common fault and is there a solution???

Thank you in advance for any help

Bluebelle2
Bluebelle2

Female

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Leak  Empty Re: Leak

Post by Anne Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:17 am

We had a similar problem when we first had our trophy. We put sealer around the gromet of the windscreen wipers (where the wipers enter bulkhead) and renewed the rubber seal that runs below the gutter under the windcreen. You could check that any drainage holes and gutters are free from any leaves or debris that could cause a blockage. This stopped our leak. I hope yours is as easy to cure.

Anne and the old man
Anne
Anne

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebelle2 Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:51 am

Funny you should mention the wiper. We have a 1967 S Type jaguar [which normally only comes out in the sunshine smile! ] but we did a wedding a few months ago and it absolutely poured with rain. I noticed that there was water creaping up my trouser leg! The floor was soaking. Apparently, the water was coming in through the seal around the wiper arm. I was only thinking about this last night in bed.

I will get my mech to check your suggestions out tomorrow. Thank You up!
Bluebelle2
Bluebelle2

Female

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:43 am

Bluebelle2 wrote:HELP.. Now that we have started having rain I noticed ...........

Just my luck!! Come all the way out here to Spain and, apparently, it had stopped raining back in the UK!!

I checked with friends in Glasgow but they couldn't hear what I was saying due to something "drumming on the roof"!

Hope you get it sorted before the snow arrives. allthumbz

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down