The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident auto sleeper damp problem?

+4
DaveSedge
mal6186
peugeotboxer
alastair donaldson
8 posters

Go down

Trident auto sleeper damp problem? Empty Trident auto sleeper damp problem?

Post by alastair donaldson Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 am

We have run out of ideas, as we initially thought the problem was connected with the fridge, but having not used the van for three weeks we still get the problem when it rains. We have re-sealed all the vents and checked all the window seals but can't find  any leaks. confused3 Any ideas?
alastair donaldson
alastair donaldson

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : trident

Back to top Go down

Trident auto sleeper damp problem? Empty Re: Trident auto sleeper damp problem?

Post by peugeotboxer Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by mal6186 Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:53 pm

I have the same problem and also thought it was fridge -haven't fathomed it yet.
mal6186
mal6186

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

Trident auto sleeper damp problem? Empty Leak

Post by DaveSedge Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:05 pm

My trooper has developed a leak on the windscreen on the right. It runs down the inside of the plastic cover, drips down the black plastic wheel arch cover and under the carpet. When in the drive, slightly upwards, it travel under the carpet, no marks, and exits behind the seat to where the table is stores. To check this put some paper towel up the inside of the grey trim, dash and wait until it rains. The paper gets wet quite quickly, going in for a screen replacement end of the season but when not in use its under a cover.
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattybogle Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:08 pm

My Trident does exactly the same as above. When I leave it standing during the winter, I can see that the rain comes in somewhere under the 'A' windscreen pillar, runs down the plastic interior wheel arch trim (beside the accelerator pedal) and must run under the wooden flooring and carpet. I end up with mould on the carpet near to the fridge and table storage. This is always worse on my slightly sloping drive. Has anyone traced the exact point that this actually comes in to the van and cured it?
Tattybogle
Tattybogle

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveSedge Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:39 pm

I'll ask them when the screen is done in October but I think it's right at the top behind the grey plastic side rail
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Back to top Go down

Trident auto sleeper damp problem? Empty mystery water

Post by fisherman3 Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:02 pm

get your windscreen seal replaced.our rapsody was the same,this solved the problem.it is quite a sinple job for the windscreen people.g
fisherman3
fisherman3

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : rambler

Back to top Go down

Post by mal6186 Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:46 pm

makes sense, although I had windscreen replaced last year. Think I'll lift carpet etc, dry out, and then park van facing down on drive over winter! Thanks for info.
mal6186
mal6186

Back to top Go down

Trident auto sleeper damp problem? Empty Trident internal water leak.2006 model.

Post by Jazybee Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:57 pm

I found a leak behind the rear screwed in headlining coming from a leaking joint on the rear screenwash pipe joint which I cured by coating the joint in windsceen glue and leting it cure for 24 hours.09.04.2013 18:53:08
Jazybee
Jazybee

Male

Member Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by cjp0349 Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:21 pm

'Glad' to see I'm not the only one with a leaks from the windscreen. Truth be known my 92 Trooper can leak like a sieve at times from both A pillars and a new and more worrying leak has developed over the last month or so from the top nearside corner trim were the sunvisor bracket screws in. so_sad   I tried a product called Capt. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure early last summer which although it made a bit of a mess improved matters no end until the back end of this summer when the A pillar leaks returned shortly followed by the new leak. I strongly suspect it isn't a simple as a leaking windscreen seal but internal corrosion around the upper windscreen area were it bonds to the AS roof (design fault water trap?) May one day take the possibly very expensive plunge and have the screen out for the matter to be investigated but until then I'll keep continuing bunging kitchen towel in the A pillar and sunvisor trim and covering the carpets in newspaper!
cjp0349
cjp0349

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW T4 Trooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveSedge Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you look at my T4 trooper windscreen leak you may see the horror of what could be happening in those A pillars, its not cheap and its not pretty!
DaveSedge
DaveSedge

Male

Back to top Go down