The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo Reversing Camera

+2
PLOUGHLIN
rgermain
6 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo Reversing Camera Empty Warwick Duo Reversing Camera

Post by rgermain Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:36 pm

This the latest problem I have with our 2015 Warwick Duo at 3050 miles.

The Veba reversing camera appears to have given up on me, I now get just a white screen with vertical colour lines.

Has anybody had this and if so have you a fix please?

I have contacted the dealer and was advised to check the plug connector near the rear view mirror which is in the headlining, but this did not fix the fault.

It is now booked in once again at their service department.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo Reversing Camera Empty Re: Warwick Duo Reversing Camera

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:01 pm

My Veba will take 2 feed from 2 cameras. Have you inadvertently switched the remote to a camera you don't have?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo Reversing Camera Empty camera.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:17 pm

We have a 2014 Warwick XL with camera from new. It often just had a blue screen with  NO SIGNAL showing. Have just had the monitor on the mirror replaced under warrantee and it seems to be working fine now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Torbaytimber Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:18 pm

The Veba system has a poor record. It is not now in production.  The camera on my system became intermittent and the dealer could not find a replacement compatible to the monitor. Eventually a new system was fitted.  The upper brake light assembly was replaced with one with an inbuilt camera, and the clumsy Vega monitor replaced by a  neat 3.5 inch which sits neatly in the corner on top of the dash board.  Better picture quality, and the monitor does not increase the size of the rear view mirror.  I recommend that you get a new system fitted, because a repair will not keep you out of trouble for long.
Torbaytimber

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Thanks for that TT. I knew they are not much good from first hand experience. censored!

Do you happen to know if there are cameras and monitors compatible with the Veba wiring??

It would be an awful lot easier if the Veba stuff could be junked, and decent equipment simply plugged in at each end.

Bet you can't though. That would be too much to expect. uncertain

Thanks

Dave
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:44 pm

Not sure where that reply went I just posted, so will try again.

Thank you about the two feeds, not sure if I have that set up as I have only found one I/P cable.

Sounds like a good way to go with a different setup, will try it on when I take the van back to Dolphin in 3 weeks, yes fully booked, a sign of the times?

Beginning to wish we had kept the old Van now, never knowing what next is going to fail!

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:37 am

I've had similar problems with the Veba monitor and replaced it with a new one from eBay for £50. The new one very occasionally flashes to a blue screen in hot weather but it's generally ok.

In addition to the connector in the headling there are also two other connections. One in the removeable panel in the driver's door step where it picks up the 12v supply and connects to the camera cable and the other is buried deep in the headlining above the rear doors behind the camera. The ones in the door step are phono plugs and shouldn't be a problem but I had an early failure with the one behind the camera which caused the monitor to flicker.

Saying all that, I suspect that in your case the monitor is faulty. It would have made changing it a lot easier if Autosleeper had positioned the plug below the headlining. In my case I did just that when I replaced it.
nimbus

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Thanks for the tips, I will look at the door step connectors, but the headlining looks a bit complex by the camera. Better if I left it to the dealer as it's only 6 months old!

I agree with the front headlining plug location, the screws holding the blind channel in place need treating with care as they are only holding in the lining.

Problem was still there today after the hottest day yesterday.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm

I would be surprised if it was the door step connectors as they are a positive fit. You're right in leaving it to the dealer as the trim over the rear doors is glued in place and there's insulation behind. But I would place a bet on it being a fault with the monitor as they're a known problem.
nimbus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveKilroy Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:34 pm

I had endless problems with my Veba being intermittent with a 50/50 chance of blue screen or working, I ended up swapping the step connector around as there are 2 inputs feeding into the cable which terminates in the headlining.  Hey presto it has worked ever since. 

All i can think is the cable supports  different video standards or allows for 2 hardwired inputs.  Autosleepers must  have simply connected the camera to the wrong connector or possibly a faulty connector for the screen.

This 2 minute fix was after at least 3 returns to my dealer who couldnt fix the issue and as soon as they saw a picture assumed it was fixed !
DaveKilroy

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:34 pm

I think it is rather more than a 2 minute fix  on 2015 warwick, as I have found the 3 screws but the step seems a one piece item and looks a bit of a so and so to get out.

Has anyone tried to remove such a step?

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Took the van in today, yes it's the monitor that is faulty. Guess they tried one from another van, as the new one has to be ordered.

Time will tell!
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Flaggy wrote:We have a 2014 Warwick XL with camera from new. It often just had a blue screen with  NO SIGNAL showing. Have just had the monitor on the mirror replaced under warrantee and it seems to be working fine now.
It is now occasionally not working again.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Had the monitor replaced under warranty today. Mind you I had to fit it myself as the dealer was up to his eyes in work, took me 5 mins! Just could not fit me today.

Looks good so far, lets hope to keeps working.

Van going back to Peugeot next week, keep getting Vehicle battery low on EC panel, when taken off EHU after a few hours.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by nimbus Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:12 pm

I wouldn't rely on the EC panel. Check the vehicle battery voltage with a multimeter. Best to check across the battery terminals but you can check under the bonnet from the jump lead point to the chassis. You should have a voltage around 12.6 if it's fully charged. If it is I'd check the 12v vehicle battery fuse on the main panel.
nimbus

Male

Back to top Go down